Time: 15 min. hands on + 4 hours refrigeration
Yield: 2 cheese balls
Recipe from my pretty little Mother
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 C (about 1/2 of a 20 ounce can) crushed pineapple
1 green pepper, chopped
1 T dried onion
1 t seasoning salt (I used Johnnys)
2 C sliced almonds (or chopped pecans)
Crackers (Wheat Thins and Ritz Crackers work best)
1. Toss 2 packages of softened cream cheese into your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl.
2. Drain the 20 ounce can of pineapple over a cup, or into the sink. Scoop out 1 C of pineapple, pressing it with your fingers to allow any extra juice to drain off. Add it to your mixing bowl.
3. Chop your green pepper into small pieces and add it to the bowl.
4. Add 1 Tablespoon of dried onion...
and 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt.
5. Mix all ingredients together until combined.
6. Pour the sliced almonds onto a plate and lay some plastic wrap next to the plate.
7. Spray your hands with cooking spray and scoop out half of the cream cheese mixture.
8. Form it into a ball and set it in the middle of the nuts. Cover the cheese ball with the nuts.
9. Set it in the center of your plastic wrap, cover it and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
10. Scoop the other half of the cream cheese mixture out of the mixing bowl, roll it in the nuts, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Serve with Wheat Thins and Ritz Crackers.