Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 15 servings
Recipe from Miriam Pritchett
1 C popcorn, unpopped
1/2 C butter (1 stick)
2 C brown sugar
1/2 C corn syrup
1 15 oz sweetened condensed milk
1. Most popcorn poppers can only accommodate 1/2 C corn kernels at a time. This recipe calls for 1 C total, so you will need to pop 2 batches.
2. Put your popcorn into to large bowls, sprinkle the popcorn with a bit of salt.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan melt the butter. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk Stir it all around until well blended.
4. Heat the mixture to boiling. Boil for 3 minutes while stirring.
5. Remove from the heat and pour caramel over the top of the popcorn. Stir it up with a large wooden spoon until all of the popcorn is covered.
6. When the popcorn has cooled a bit you can shape it into balls, and then wrap with plastic wrap. Tie them with cute bows if you would like.