Yield: 12 servings
Time: 40 minutes prep and bake + 1 hour cooling + 30 minutes decorating
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 Devils Food Cake Mix + ingredients to make the cake
1 recipe Buttercream Frosting
Purple and Green Wilton Icing Colors
Star tip #21 Wilton Cake Decorating Tip
Round tip #7 Wilton Cake Decorating Tip
Decorating Bags and Couplers
1 Buzz Light Year toy
1. Mix up your cake according to package directions. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour your batter in.
2. Bake according to package directions.
3. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Make your Buttercream Frosting. You can access that recipe and read all about how to make it here.
5. Reserve about 2/3 of the frosting and put it into a bowl. Split the other 1/3 into two parts. Turn one part green and one part purple.
6. Fill your decorating bags with the colored frosting.
7. Cover your cake with the white frosting you have reserved.
8. Use the lines of the bundt cake to help you with your design. I did the green lines first, then the purple. You can do what ever designs your little heart desires. Put Buzz Light Year in the middle of the cake.