Yield: 10 medium sized pancakes
Recipe from my Aunt Pat
1 C flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 T sugar
2 T butter, melted
1 C + 2 T buttermilk (no substitutions please)
1 egg, beaten
1. Into a medium sized mixing bowl place 1 cup flour, 1/2 t baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2. Add to the mix 1 tablespoon of sugar and whisk it all around to combine.
3. Pour in 2 tablespoons of melted butter,1 cup + 2 tablespoons of buttermilk and 1 beaten egg. Whisk it together to combine. Don't over mix here. Just get everything combined and you are good to go.
4. Spray a hot griddle with cooking spray and pour the batter onto it in small circles.
5. Flip the pancakes over when the batter stops bubbling and the underside is golden brown. Allow the other side to turn nice and golden brown and remove the pancakes to a plate. Serve with maple syrup.