Time: 30 min. prep + 2 hours refrigeration
Yield: One delightful pie
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
1 9 inch pastry crust, baked
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 C powdered sugar
3/4 C sour cream
1 t vanilla
1 8 oz package cool whip
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C cornstarch
10 T water
2 T fresh lemon juice
3 C fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 t vanilla
1 T butter
1. In a large mixing bowl, or in a stand mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add the sour cream, cool whip and dash of salt. Mix until well combined, and set the mixture aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan mix the cornstarch and sugar together.
5. Add the water and lemon juice and stir until smooth.
6. Get that sauce pan on the stove top and turn the heat to medium. Stir in the blueberries. If you are using frozen blueberries, just pop them in the microwave for a couple minutes so they aren't ice cold when you add them to the sauce pan.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. It should thicken up after a couple of minutes. You want it to be the consistency of canned pie filling.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dash salt, vanilla and butter.
9. Set it aside to cool.
10. Pour the cream filling into a pre-baked pastry crust. When the blueberry topping is cooled to room temperature spread it over the filling. Cover with Plastic Wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Note....this pie can easily be made a day ahead. Enjoy!