Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumb Topping
Time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
1 1/2 C flour
3/4 C sugar
1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/3 C canola oil (or vegetable)
2/3 C milk
1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 C white sugar
1/3 C flour
1/4 C butter, cubed
1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
1. In a medium sized bowl stir together the dry ingredients. In a small bowl whisk together the wet....then, let the two worlds collide, folks. Stir just until incorporated, don't over mix.
2. Add the blueberries and stir ever so carefully. You don't want that beautiful purple juice spreading all over into your batter. If it does, let's not cry about it okay? Let's just be happy about our lives. It is summer after all, and the world is a beautiful place. And we're making muffins. All good things, my friends.
3. To make the crumb topping choose your self out a small bowl and mix up the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the cubed, cold butter and smash it all around with a pastry blender or fork.
4. This is what you're looking for, nice crumbly crumbs.
5. Line your muffin tins with liners (or don't, if you don't have any....let's not cry if we don't, okay?) Fill the liners 3/4 of the way full, then sprinkle with the crumb topping.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com