Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
3 T butter
1 pound Stewing Beef
salt and pepper
1 8 oz package mushrooms
2 C beef broth
2 10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/4 C milk
2 T cornstarch
4 oz cream cheese
1. In a large skillet melt 1 T of butter over medium high heat. Add you stewing beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cook your meat until it has a nice brown sear on either side.
3. Set the meat aside and melt the other 2 T of butter in your pan. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let the mushrooms cook until they are a nice brown color.
4. Throw the meat back into the pan with your 'shrooms.
5. In a medium sized bowl combine the beef broth, mushroom soup, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour it over the top of your beef and 'shrooms. Let the mixture come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
6. Place your cream cheese in a small bowl. Put it in the microwave until it becomes soft you can stir it around easily.
7. In a small cup combine the milk and cornstarch. Stir it around until it is nice and smooth. You don't want it to be lumpy, now. Seriously. Lumpy beef stroganoff won't win you a front seat at the parade.
8. Pour the cornstarch mixture into your hot pan. Stir it all around to incorporate. Let the stroganoff return to a boil. It will thicken as the temperature rises.
9. Add your softened cream cheese. Stir to incorporate. Cook until heated through. (Just a few minutes.)
Serve with hot egg noodles.