Time: 10 minutes prep + 9 hours cooking
Yield: meat for 8 sandwiches
Recipe adapted from somewhere one line.....
1 3 pound pork roast (NOT FROZEN)
2 T olive oil
Montreal Steak Seasoning
3-4 C Root Beer, Dr. Pepper or Coke
1 1/2 - 2 C Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
***NOTE:I used a Pork Sirloin Tip Roast because they have less fat, but a Pork Loin or Butt Roast would work as well.***
1. Place your pretty pork roast on a plate. Season it generously with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Pat the seasoning into the roast with your fingers.
2. Into a large hot skillet pour about 2 T olive oil. Throw your Pork Roast seasoned side down into the skillet. (Ok don't really ''throw" it. We don't want pork guts to be flung anywhere! Just lay it down gently. Seasoned side down.)
3. Grab your Montreal Steak Seasoning and sprinkle it on the unseasoned side of the meat. Let the pork roast get nice and brown. Turn it over and sear it on the other side as well. The Montreal Steak Seasoning will turn a bit crusty. That's what you want. A nice crusty sear. Yum. This will really give your meat a nice smokey/salty flavor. It should smell pretty darn fabulous, too.
4. Stab that bad boy Pork Roast with a couple of forks and transfer it to a large crock pot.
5. Pour the soda over the top of your meat. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, or until the meat shreds nicely with a fork.
6. Remove the roast from the pan, shred it all up and place it back in the soda juices. Let it cook for 1 hour more.
7. Drain the juices from the pan and pour the BBQ sauce in. Stir it well to incorporate. Cook for 30-60 more minutes.
Serve on some nice rolls.