Time: (Not including the dough) 10 minutes prep + 15 minutes baking
Yield: 1 twelve inch pizza
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman
Honey Wheat Pizza Crust or Fabulous Pizza Crust
1 C grilled chicken strips, chopped
3/4 C Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
1 C mozzarella cheese, grated
1 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 C red onion, sliced
2 T cilantro, chopped
1. Early on in the day whip up a batch of this Honey Wheat Pizza Crust, or this Fabulous Pizza Crust. You can also make the dough 2-3 days ahead. Just a little heads up, both recipes make enough for 2 twelve inch pizzas. The BBQ Chicken Pizza Toppings you see above you are for only one twelve inch pizza.
2. Spread some olive oil on a stone, or baking sheet. Place half of the pizza dough on the stone...or sheet...or what ever you are using. Let it hang out there for about 5 minutes. Then, spread it out to the corners of the pan. You don't have to use a rolling pin here, just stretch it out with your pretty little fingers. If you happen to have big chubby fingers....well. All the better, I suppose.
3. Take some grilled chicken strips and slice cut them into chunks.
4. Pour the Sweet Baby Ray's over the top of the crust.
5. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the top of the sauce.
6. Then the chicken...
7. Then the onions...
8. Then the rest of the mozzarella and all of the Parmesan cheese.
9. Dot the top with a little bit more of the Sweet Baby Ray's. It's sweet, baby. Really sweet.
10. Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the underside of the crust is golden.
11. Sprinkle the cilantro over the top and vwalla, baby. You are going to be feeling pretty darn sweet your self.