Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 pints
Recipe from MyHandsomeHusband
18 C fresh or frozen Cranberries
6 C water
6 1/2 C sugar
1 cinnamon stick (or 1/4 t cinnamon)
1/4 t ground cloves
1 large orange (you'll want the zest and the juice)
1 1/2 C granny smith apple, peeled and diced
10 pint sized mason jars, lids and rings.
1. Peel and chop your apples.
2. Zest the peel of your orange.
3. In a large pot combine the water, sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the cranberries, apple and orange zest. Bring to a boil and cook for about 1 minute. The sauce will start to get frothy as it increases in temperature. Once it gets frothy, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Add the juice from the orange.
6. Pour the sauce into your mason jars and seal with the lids and rings. The lids will make a kind of popping sound when they seal. It usually takes about an hour after the lids and rings have been put on. Happy Thanksgiving!