Makes about 3 1/2 dozen Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 1 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, Amaretto, almond extract, and maraschino cherry juice. Mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, spoon onto an ungreased baking sheet. Top each cookie with a few chopped cherry pieces.
- Bake for 8-10 until just barely done. Remove from oven to cool on baking sheet briefly before transferring to a baking rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in a covered tupperware at room temperature.