Welcome to the homepage of the Lewis Group in the Department of Physics at West Virginia University. This group is headed by Professor James P. Lewis.
Our research interests cover a broad range of materials properties and phenomena, including:
- high-throughput and data-mining material's characterization
- band structures and electronic properties of metal-oxide semiconductor, nanoparticles, and nanotubes
- electronic structures and properties of bio-molecules and bio-catalysts
- molecule-surface interactions
- energy exchange processes and excitation dynamics
- developing faster algorithms for local-orbital density functional theory