- Jet Ski is the brand name of personal watercraft (PWC) manufactured by Kawasaki Heavy Industries. The Jet Ski was invented by Jake Schlegel. The name, however, has become a genericized trademark for any type of personal watercraft.
- A small, jet-propelled vehicle that skims across the surface of water and typically is ridden like a motorcycle
- (Jet-skiing) A personal water craft (PWC) is a recreational watercraft that the rider sits or stands on, rather than inside of, as in a boat. Models have an inboard engine driving a pump jet that has a screw-shaped impeller to create thrust for propulsion and steering.
- A small motorized water craft with a flattish hull and an upright centre, which a rider sits astride
- A machine with moving parts that converts power into motion
- A railroad locomotive
- something used to achieve a purpose; "an engine of change"
- A thing that is the agent or instrument of a particular process
- motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work
- locomotive: a wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
I recently found in a barn. a mival water craft(made in jonquiere quebec,canada)not italy
As the picture ON THE NET is a mid 50-60's(was sold for $8000.00 in 2011 ).mine is a 1940`s.
All original with stickers and all parts.couple dings in the fiberglass body but never repaired.motor is siezed up but use to turn not start like 3 years ago.
I have never seen on or has anybody I know.
Appently they were beeing built in quebec, on a gouverment contract in the 40's to transport troops to shore.(d day???) Talking to older people from there (jonquiere).
Only one remembers that shop but he thinks it burnt in 40-50's and heard about the craft but never saw one.
This could well be a prototype or someone brought one home kinda deal.
It is hand cranked(with a coil on top to start the engine) inboard motor with a turbine underniether,that drags you over the water (guessing this is the great grandfather to jet ski).
Do you know anything about this?
Lapping the valves on a 3 cylinder Supercharged Rotax engine