Hello (안녕하세요/in Korean). I am a Simons Postdoctoral Fellow hosted by François Baccelli and Sriram Vishwanath and a Lecturer at The University of Texas at Austin. During 2016 Fall, I taught a Multivariable Calculus (M 408M) class.
Name : Jae Oh Woo (Korean - 우재오), pronouncing my first name is almost like saying the alphabet character 'J' and 'O' separately.
I am jointly affiliated in Simons Center on Communication, Information and Network Mathematics in Department of Mathematics, and Wireless Networking & Communications Group in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
I finished Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics Program at Yale University and B.S. in Mathematics at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST).
As an Applied Mathematician, I am interested in both theoretical and application problems in mathematics and engineering. In my theoretical approach, I have a fundamental curiosity in the theme "Randomness and Convexity are connected." Information Theory, Probability Theory, Bayesian Statistics, and Spectral Graph Theory are my main fields in mathematics. I am recently focusing on research problems in Stochastic Geometry, Convex Geometry, Opinion Dynamics, and Wireless Networks which covers both theoretical and application problems. [More Information]
I co-organize both Simons Math Seminar and ECE Seminar at UT Austin. Please email me if you would like to give a talk.
My CV is available here (as of Oct, 2016).
★★★ Recent News ★★★
- Feb. 2017, nominated/invited to Graduation Day at Information Theory and Applications Workshop 2017, San Diego
- Jan. 2017, submitted a paper "Modeling a Spatially Correlated Cellular Network with Strong Repulsion" to a journal [arXiv:1701.02261]
- Oct. 2016, gave a talk about Entropy and Mutual Information of Point Processes at Random Structure seminar, UT Austin.
- July. 2016, participated in Geometric Functional Analysis Workshop in Analysis and Probability, Texas A&M University.
- July. 2016, gave a presentation about Entropy and Mutual Information of Point Processes at IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory 2016, Barcelona, Spain.
- June. 2016, participated in/gave a poster presentation at North-American School of Information Theory 2016, Duke University.
- March. 2016, invited to give a talk about Discrete Entropy Power Inequalities at Probability & Algebra and Combinatorics Seminar, Texas A&M University.
Contact Information at The University of Texas at Austin
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Mathematics
- Office : RLM 9.164
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office : UTA 6.412