Home‎ > ‎

Guidance & College Info

GUIDANCE Info for Parents of Seniors
  1. NEXT STEPS: What are the next steps to get ready for life after high school?  To open a PDF of the slide show from the Guidance Department's 'Senior Parent Night' please CLICK HERE
  2. COLLEGE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: The Guidance Dept will coordinate and complete College Letters of Recommendations for any student.  The Recommendation Info Sheet (aka Green Sheet) is to be completed by the student and given to their Guidance Counselor so that a letter of recommendations for college admission applications can be completed in a timely manner.  CLICK HERE to open the PDF and print as needed.
  3. COMMON APP ESSAY PROMPTS (and more):  CLICK HERE (this is an online link)for a good story on completing the Common App, Universal App, New Coalition App and Univ.Of California applications for college. (CLICK HERE for a PDF of the story).


Website Link

Assoc. of Independent Colleges of Art & Design
College Search Engine
Virtual Campus Tours. Take a walk around a campus.
Colleges That Change Lives
Official Website of the Indiana Department of Education – find links to all Indiana Colleges/Universities
Hispanic Assoc. of Colleges & Universities
Historic Black Colleges & Universities of America

B) TRANSCRIPTS for College Applications  

If your senior needs a final transcript there are two options to obtain it:

  1. Printed Transcripts: please take in to JAHS Guidance Office a pre-paid stamped enveloped addressed to the admissions office and/or representative of the college to which you want it sent. Please be sure to include the student's name and address in the return address area on the envelope.
  2. Online Access: one can use www.Parchment.com as well.  However please be aware final grades will not be on until June 10th.  If your student college wants the type of diploma received that will not be added to the Parchment.com transcript until the end of June.
Seventh(7th) semester transcripts are available via Parchment which is the fastest way for colleges to receive them. If the student needs a hard copy, they can request one through the Guidance office using the "blue form".  Parchment can be accessed by going to: www.Parchment.com and if your student does not have an account they will need to create one.  Parchment.com is used to share your high school transcripts and other credentials with prospective colleges. 

ACT Testing 
Subpages (1): Scholarships
John Adams Parent Group,
Oct 21, 2015, 4:35 PM
John Adams Parent Group,
Sep 16, 2015, 10:18 AM