Kindle Screensaver Instructions
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye."
- Attach the Kindle to a computer using the USB cord.
- Being careful to use all lowercase letters, create a new folder in the root named "pictures" and one under that named "screensavers".
- Copy your image files into the screensavers folder.
- Go to the Kindle's Home menu and press alt-z. This will create a new book called "screensavers" at the end of you book list
- While next-pageing through the pictures, look at the bottom of the Kindle screen. If you see your battery indicator & Menu prompt, press alt-F to go into Full Screen mode.
- On each photo, press alt-shift-0 (i.e., alt-shift-zero) . After a brief delay, a message that your picture has been exported as screensaver appears. Click Close on the message.
- This replaces ALL of the native screen savers. You get either the natives or your new ones. not both.
- You may delete //pictures/screensavers/*.* and and the screeensaver images will remain.
- The format is 8bit greyscale 600X800. Other formats MIGHT work but probably no.
- If you want to revert back to the native images, look for a folder under the root called //system/screensavers that contains files with names like screen_saver_##.az delete that folder and reboot.