Ben Gurion University of the Negev
Be'er Sheva 8410501
Email: izharo at gmail.com
Office: 316 at Deichmann Building for Mathematics
I finished my doctorate at department of Mathematics of the Technion-IIL in 2012. My supervisor was Prof. Uri Bader.
Between 2012 and 2015 I was a Zassenhaus Assistant Professor at OSU math department (Post-doc position). Currently I am a lecturer (tenure-track position) at math department at Ben-Gurion university.
Here is my CV.
I am married to Einat who works as a freelance lingustic editor - this is her website. We have two children - Naomi and Lev (see picture above).
My current research interests are in the field of geometric group theory, that is, the study of groups through their actions on "nice" metric spaces. This type of research often leads to non-positive curvature (CAT(0) spaces), coarse geometry, topology and dynamics. Lately, I was also drawn to the topic of high dimensional expanders (i.e., simplicial complexes which serve as some analogue to expander graphs).
This semester I Calculus 1 (Hedva 1) for EE. All the course material (syllabus, homework, etc.) is available through Moodle.
(Click on the article title to reach the free arxiv version. Click on link at the end to reach the final version on the publisher website, which may be a little different than the arxiv version)
- Angle criteria for uniform convergence of averaged projections and cyclic or random products of projections, to appear in Israel Journal of Mathematics.
- Vanishing of cohomology with coefficients in representations on Banach spaces of groups acting on Buildings, to appear in Commentarii Mathematici Helvetici.
- Alternating projections, angles between groups and strengthening of property (T), to appear in Mathematische Annalen, link.
- Isoperimetric Inequalities and topological overlapping for quotients of Affine buildings, on hold.
- Surface subgroups for lattices in Fuchsian buildings, Joint with D. Constantine and J.F.Lafont, Withdrawn.
- An intermediate quasi-isometric invariant between subexponential asymptotic dimension growth and Yu's Property A, Internat. J. Algebra and Comput., (2014) 24 (6) : 909-922, link.
- Property A and the existence of a Markov process with a trivial Poisson boundary, Bull. London Math. Soc. (2014) 46 (4): 836-846, link
- Fixed point theorem for reflexive Banach spaces and uniformly convex non positively curved metric spaces, Mathematische Zeitschrift. (2014) 278: 649-661, link
- Vanishing of cohomology and property (T) for groups acting on weighted simplicial complexes, Groups, Geometry and Dynamics, Volume 9, Issue 1, 2015, pp. 67–101, link
- Property (T) for groups acting on simplicial complexes through taking an "average" of Laplacian eigenvalues, Groups, Geometry and Dynamics,Volume 9, Issue 4, 2015, pp. 1131–1152, link
Below are notes and slides from lectures I had given in various seminars.
- Notes regarding Poisson boundary reviewing chapter IV of Margulis's book ("Discrete subgroups of semisimple Lie groups") - lecture given in the Technion's boundary seminar.
- Notes on Property A and asymptotically large depth - given in the OSU GGT seminar.
- Slides from a lecture on Property (T) and vanishing of cohomology - given in the OSU GGT seminar.
- Slides from a lecture on Fixed point property on Banach spaces for groups acting on simplicial complexes - given in the OSU welcome seminar.