Abstract Due: 15 March 2012
Session Schedule to be announced 7 April 2012 - find it on the schedule tab or here: - new link - updated agenda posted April 25, 2012 - click here for agenda
Registration Deadline: 30 April 2012
The poster session scheduled for: Tuesday, 19 June, 2012 at 3:00 – 6:00 PM on the patio outside the Beckman Institute Auditorium at the California Institute of Technology, in Pasadena, California. Please format posters to be no larger than 1.0 meters (40 inches) wide by 0.95 meters (37.5 inches) high. The text should be readable from a distance of 2 meters. Other suggestions for producing effective posters are summarized by K. Powell, Billboard Science, Nature, 483, 113-115, 2012.
The Orbiting Carbon Observatory–2 (OCO-2) team cordially invites you to the 8th International Workshop on Greenhouse Gas Measurements from Space, IWGGMS-8. This workshop will be hosted jointly by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the California Institute of Technology at the Beckman Institute on the Caltech campus in Pasadena, California, USA.
The goal of the workshop is to assess the state of the art in the remote sensing of CO2, CH4, and other greenhouse gases from space, including:
1) Recent results from the Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite (GOSAT) mission and instruments, including AIRS, IASI, MOPITT, SCIAMACHI, TES
2) Development status of future greenhouse gas monitoring missions, including the Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2), CarbonSat, MicroCarb, GOSAT-II, and ASCENDS
3) Retrieval algorithm development
4) Instrument calibration and retrieval validation methods and results
5) Flux inversion from space based greenhouse gas measurements