Italian Gold Marks

    gold marks
  • There are many types of gold jewelry, and costume jewelry. By law much of this jewelry must be marked to identify what it is. These markings help consumers, jewelers, and gold buyers to understand what they are looking at. Learn to identify gold jewelry by it’s Gold Markings.
  • The Goldmark (officially just Mark, sign: ?) is the name used for the currency of the German Empire from 1873 to 1914.
    italian
  • Of or relating to Italy, its people, or their language
  • the Romance language spoken in Italy
  • of or pertaining to or characteristic of Italy or its people or culture or language; "Italian cooking"
  • a native or inhabitant of Italy
italian gold marks
italian gold marks - Topsy-Turvy -
Topsy-Turvy - The Music of Gilbert & Sullivan: From the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Topsy-Turvy - The Music of Gilbert & Sullivan: From the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
All products are BRAND NEW and factory sealed. Fast shipping and 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

The producers of Mike Leigh's vibrant Topsy-Turvy took many big studio meetings seeking financing for their film. Word has it all went swimmingly until time for the pitch came--there are apparently no two words as unsettling to Hollywood film execs as "Gilbert & Sullivan." But the studio system's loss turned out to be the indie film's--and our--gain. Leigh's film brought the composers' late-19th-century mounting of their breakthrough The Mikado to an all-too-familiar life, filled with as many neuroses, foibles, and fragile egos as any modern Broadway musical. The film's score, an inviting pastiche adapted from Mikado (and other G&S staples) by veteran Carl Davis, may upset purists with its time-conscious liberties. But then, it might just win over a receptive yet unexposed new audience for whom this music may seem strangely familiar, as well it should: this is where modern musical theater began. --Jerry McCulley

St Mark's Square / Piazza San Marco
St Mark's Square / Piazza San Marco
it_outsider + St Mark's Basilica From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia St Mark's Basilica (Italian: Basilica di San Marco a Venezia), the cathedral of Venice, is the most famous of the city's churches and one of the best known examples of Byzantine architecture. It lies on St Mark's Square (in the San Marco sestiere or district) adjacent and connected to the Doge's Palace. Originally it was the "chapel" of the Venetian rulers, and not the city's cathedral. Since 1807 it has been the seat of the Patriarch of Venice, archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Venice. For its opulent design, gilded Byzantine mosaics, and its status as a symbol of Venetian wealth and power, from the 11th century on the building was known by the nickname Chiesa d'Oro (Church of gold). The first St Mark's was a temporary building in the Doge’s Palace, constructed in 828, when Venetian merchants stole the supposed relics of Saint Mark the Evangelist from Alexandria. This was replaced by a new church on its present site in 832; from the same century dates the first St Mark's Campanile (bell tower). The new church was burned in a rebellion in 976, rebuilt in 978 and again to form the basis of the present basilica since 1063. The basilica was consecrated in 1094, the same year in which the body of Saint Mark was supposedly rediscovered in a pillar by Vitale Falier, doge at the time. The building also incorporates a low tower (now housing St Mark’s Treasure), believed by some to have been part of the original Doge's Palace. Within the first half of the 13th century the narthex and the new facade were constructed, most of the mosaics were completed and the domes were covered with higher wooden, lead-covered domes in order to blend in with the Gothic architecture of the redesigned Doge's Palace. While the basic structure of the building has been little altered, its decoration changed greatly over time. The succeeding centuries, especially the fourteenth, all contributed to its adornment, and seldom did a Venetian vessel return from the Orient without bringing a column, capitals, or friezes, taken from some ancient building, to add to the fabric of the basilica. Gradually, the exterior brickwork became covered with various marbles and carvings, some much older than the building itself (see Four Tetrarchs, below). The last interventions concerned Baptistery and St Isidor’s Chapel (1300s), the carvings on the upper profile of the facade and the Sacristy (1400s), the Zen Chapel (1500s). The exterior of the basilica is divided in three registers: lower, upper, and domes. In the lower register of the facade five round-arched portals, enveloped by polychrome marble columns, open into the narthex through bronze-fashioned doors. Above the central door round three bas-relief cycles of Romanesque art. The external cycle frames a 19th century gilded mosaic (Last Judgment) that replaced a damaged one with the same subject (during the centuries many mosaics had to be replaced inside and outside the basilica, but subjects were never changed). Mosaics about St Mark relics’ stories are in the lunettes of the lateral portals; the first on the left is the only one in the facade preserved from the 13th century. In the upper register, from the top of ogee arches, statues of Theological and Cardinal Virtues, four Warrior Saints and St Mark watch over the city. Above the large central window of the facade, under St Mark, the Winged Lion (his symbol) holds the book quoting “Pax Tibi Marce Evangelista Meus” . In the lunettes of the lateral ogee arches are four gilded mosaics renewed in the 17th century. In the center of the balcony the Roman Horses face the square. The exterior of the basilica is divided in three registers: lower, upper, and domes. In the lower register of the facade five round-arched portals, enveloped by polychrome marble columns, open into the narthex through bronze-fashioned doors. Above the central door round three bas-relief cycles of Romanesque art. The external cycle frames a 19th century gilded mosaic (Last Judgment) that replaced a damaged one with the same subject (during the centuries many mosaics had to be replaced inside and outside the basilica, but subjects were never changed). Mosaics about St Mark relics’ stories are in the lunettes of the lateral portals; the first on the left is the only one in the facade preserved from the 13th century. In the upper register, from the top of ogee arches, statues of Theological and Cardinal Virtues, four Warrior Saints and St Mark watch over the city. Above the large central window of the facade, under St Mark, the Winged Lion (his symbol) holds the book quoting “Pax Tibi Marce Evangelista Meus” . In the lunettes of the lateral ogee arches are four gilded mosaics renewed in the 17th century. In the center of the balcony the Roman Horses face the square. Piazza San Marco From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Piazza San Marco, often known in English as St Mark's Square, is the
1783 Venice Italian State Gold Zecchino - Obverse
1783 Venice Italian State Gold Zecchino - Obverse
The Doge kneeling before St. Mark, with the legend: LUDO(V) MANIN, reading from 12 o'clock, around the edge as normal DUX, downwards, S M VENET, reading downwards, anticlockwise from the top ot the coin. This stands for SACRA MONETA VENETIAE (Sacred money / coin of Venice)
italian gold marks
Diesel Women's DZ5318 Advanced Rose Gold Watch
Rose gold ion-plated stainless steel case and bracelet. Fixed rose gold ion-plated bezel. Rose dial with luminous rose gold-tone hands and index hour markers. Arabic numerals mark the 02, 03 and 04 o'clock positions. Minute markers around the outer rim. the diesel name appears at the 9 o'clock position. Dial Type: Analog. Luminescent hands and markers. Chronograph - three sub-dials displaying: 60 second, 30 minute and 24 hour. Quartz movement. Scratch resistant mineral crystal. Solid case back. Case diameter: 42 mm. Case thickness: 11 mm. Round case shape. Band width: 22 mm. Band length: 7 inches. Deployment clasp. Water resistant at 50 meters / 165 feet. Functions: chronograph, hour, minute, second. Sport watch style. Diesel Advanced Chronograph Rose Gold Ion-plated Ladies Watch DZ5318