The History of the College
The birth of the College of Agriculture of the Isabela State University can be traced back from the footprints of the Bureau of Vocational Education in the 40's. Having expanded through land purchase, the old site which was then the Echague Farm School became the seat of the ISU. During the 50's the Vocational Education established Rural High School all over the country and luckily, Echague became a recipient of the program situated at Macalauat, Echague, Isabela. But because of peace and order problem in the 40's, the school was then transferred to the Echague Farm School Site and became the Echague Rural High School. It was during this period where the High School curricula of the Bureau of Vocational Agriculture gave emphasis on “Learning by Doing” which means one hour theory and 3 hours field work daily.
In the mid 60s, two-year courses- Associate in Agriculture and Forest Ranger were offered. The offering of four year courses started in 1971 prior to the conversion of EAFS to ISCA where agriculture is the prime program of the college with majors in Animal Husbandry and Agronomy. From then on, the College of Agriculture grew very fast and was chosen by a group of experts composed of the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) of the Australian government and its Philippine counterparts represented by DECS, CHED and Educational Development Projects Implementing Task Force (EDPITAF) as the Regional College of Agriculture (RCA) for the joint Agricultural Technology Education Project (AGRITECH) of the governments of Australia and the Philippines.
More effort made to elevate the course offerings through AACCUP and CHED evaluations. Bachelor of Sciences in Agriculture and Bachelor of Science in Agri-business were evaluated by AACCUP as 3rd level in 2007. On September 2008, CA passed to CHED evaluation as Center of Development (COD) in agriculture in the region. Recently, the College of agriculture was awarded as the National Agriculture and Fisheries Education System (NAFES) in Region 02 by the CHED.
The Isabela State University as a leading, vibrant, comprehensive and research university in the country and the ASEAN region.
The Isabela State University is committed to develop highly trained and globally competent professionals; generate innovative and cutting-edge knowledge and technologies for people empowerment and sustainable development; engage in viable resource generation programs; and maintain and enhance stronger partnerships under good governance to advance the interests of national and international communities.
We conduct our affairs with due diligence, care, and thoughtful engagement in the pursuit of excellence in our academic, research & development and extension services.
We shall consistently engage the public, mobilizing their participation in our programs and services. We shall seek their voice, recognize its needs, and mobilize their expertise for a sustained and continuing programs and services improvement.
We put prime value on our living planet. We accept the responsibility, adopt practices to protect the environment, and be made accountable for our action
We recognize that working with the University is a unique opportunity and privilege. We acknowledge that our office is a public trust and as such we shall conduct our engagements with the strongest sense of responsibility and submit ourselves accountable to the public and to Almighty God.
We strongly recognize that societal problems are not isolated - in fact, multifaceted and appropriately addressed through the deployment of multidisciplinary teams in a collaborative synergy in order to ensure efficiency, innovation, and productivity.
We shall constantly seek for more effective and yet most economical ways of pursuing our vision and mission and goals amidst limited resources.
We shall constantly seek for new and innovative ways of doing things. Contribute to solving current as well as emerging problems of society. We believe that innovation is the key to our competitiveness in the world.
We believe in the value of respect and subscribe to the highest ethical standards of honesty, fairness, truth and justice in all our engagements and as we pursue our mission and vision.
The Isabela State University, a globally recognized institution of higher learning for people empowerment and sustainable development embodying excellence, effectiveness, accountability and integrity.
BISYON (TAGALOG TRANSLATION)
Ang Pamantasang Estado ng Isabela, isang institusyon na kinikilala sa buong mundo, na may mataas na antas ng kaalaman para mapagtibay ang sambayanang lakas at karunungan ng mga tao at patuloy na pagunlad na may kaakibat na galing, bisa, tiwala at integridad.
SIRMATA (ILOCANO TRANSLATION)
Ti Isabela State University, mabigbigbig iti sangalubungan a kas maysa nga institusyon ti nangato nga adal a mangipaay iti pannakapabileg daguiti tattao ken mataginayon a panagdur-as nga addaan iti naisangsangayan a kalidad, kinasamay, kinamapagpiaran ken kinatakneng.
PAQUETAN NU UNIVERSIDAD (YOGAD TRANSLATION)
Yu Isabela State University, tata ya institucion nu atannang a guguarn ya reconosin nu entero a mundo para tu pacapangngu nu tolay annu accasustini nu macacu nebagguian nu attannang a calidad na, accapacu na, accacuenta na annu accaentero na.
VISION NA UNIBERSIDAD (IBANAG TRANSLATION)
I Isabela State University, tadday nga institusyon nga marikunusi ta interu mundo ta annung na atatannang nga paddidiammu para ta kapasikan anna kasustini na papprogreso rneyanning ta kasta, karesponsable anna integridad.
The Isabela State University is committed to train and develop students to become professionally competent graduates, who are equipped with sound moral principles; and to serve the community through research, extension and resource generation by way of inspired leadership and responsive manpower.
MISYON NG UNIBIRSIDAD (TAGALOG TRANSLATION)
Ang Isabela State University ay nakatalaga na magturo at maghubog ng mga magaaral na makapagtapos na may kakayanang pampropesyonal na may matuwid na prinsipyo upang makapagsilbi sa komunidad sa pamamagitan ng pananaliksik, pagpapalaganap, at pagpaparami ng kayamanan sa pamamaraang may inspirasyon na pamumuno at masigla na puwersang sangkatauhan.
PANGGEP TI UN1VERSIDAD (ILOCANO TRANSLATION)
Ti Isabela State University ket natudingan nga mangisuro ken mangdamili kadaguiti agadadal tapno agturpos da nga napasagepsepan kadaguiti naimbag nga sursuro ken panangtarawidwid iti komunidad babaen iti panagsukimat, panangtarabay ken panangpataud kadaguiti gameng ti makatignay rikna a panangidaulo ken nagaed nga pannakigamulo daguiti tattao.
MISION NU UNIVERSIDAD (YOGAD TRANSLATION)
Iguiruat nü Isabela State University yu mappadday annu macacu tu danu estudiantes a macabalin tu maabilidad a profesional ya netannu tu matunung a principio, annu tu masservi tu comunidad megafu tu pabbarabarac, acquewaranga, annu paqueusa tu cada nu magagani a negafanan nu liderato ya inspirado annu mappacuradan a fuerza nu tolay.
GAKKAG NA UNIBERSIDAD (IBANAG TRANSLATION)
I Isabela State University ay namasikkal ta patuddu tu estudyante ira tu mabbalin tu mapia/malalaki segun ta kurso tu nigaradua da lagapa, nga napannuan ta umangay nga prinsipyo ira, ay tu masserbi ira ta komunidad ta annung na paddiammu, pangiyadde ta anni laman anna panga tu gaining segun ta umangay nga pangirollu anna responsable tu gumatrabafu ira.
ISU commits itself to dispensing its functions with productivity and exemplifying its values with distinction and brilliance. Every work manifests a distinct quality and every individual persistently strives to meritoriously improve his/her performance and value system every single time.
ISU desires a far-reaching and long-lasting useful impact on every individual, every institution and on various other entities both in the local and international scenes that can be translated into a holistic growth of people, of the country and of the world.
ISU commits to being answerable to everyone, to every appropriate authority and to the laws of the land and of God in everything that it does. It submits itself to the highest principles of responsibility, responsiveness, and moral uprightness.
ISU adheres to high moral soundness internally and externally. It dispenses and upholds honesty in thoughts, in words, and in deeds and conducts transactions with transparency and accountability. It submits itself to the highest level of professional standard and individual and corporate wholeness. The Lord God is its icon of integrity.
The Goals of the College
- Provide quality and balanced curricular programs to suit the need of students in terms of intellectual and technical skills with utmost competency, imbued with spiritual, moral and social development for them to become a well-rounded member of the society;
- Transform students into citizens enriched with moral and spiritual values to become productive, sensitive and responsive to economic, social, environmental and political issues in order for them to contribute in the improvement of the quality of life in their community, the country and the whole of humanity;
- Support the manpower requirements of the region and the country for sustainable development by producing graduates equipped with knowledge, skills, and competencies needed in the local national and global markets; and
- The College will pursue its commitment to strengthen its leadership as the regional agricultural center of excellence in the areas of instruction, research and extension and other fields of distinctive competence.
The Program Objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Agri-business
The BSAB Program aims to produce educated, well-rounded professionals in agribusiness capable of meeting the national and global needs for highly trained managers, academics, researchers and extensionists, and entrepreneurs.
A graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Program shall be able to:
- Apply concepts, principles and theories in business, economics and marketing in running and managing agribusiness ventures in response to the societal needs of food security and environmental protection and sustainability;
- Formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate systems-oriented, strategic agribusiness plans and programs;
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and tactical decision-making abilities in planning and other multitasks of an agribusiness;
- Exhibit entrepreneurial skills and attitudes, professional work ethics in team and organization management; and,
- Exhibit leadership in paving the way for new frontiers in agribusiness, agriculture and related industries.
The Program Objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Animal Husbandry
The program aims to produce technically equipped and skilled graduates coupled with moral and spiritual values in meeting the challenges in the national and global economy.
A graduate of the BSAH Program shall be able to:
- Possess the necessary technical and managerial skills for them to become globally competitive in the field of animal production;
- Apply the knowledge and skills to effectively respond to the demands and challenges, and contribute to the quality of life in Region 02;
- Develop desirable attitudes, behavior, and values to become competent and highly trained and skilled animal husbandman;
- Manifest professional confidence in handling and solving situational problems and in the formulation of work plans in animal production; and,
- Demonstrate effective and appropriate strategies in the establishment and development of sustainable animal husbandry practices.
The Program Objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
The program aims to educate students in the scientific habit of thought, entrepreneurial skills and prepare them to become professionals with entry-level competencies in technical agriculture.
A graduate of the BSA Program shall be able to:
- Manifest adequate competence in the field of advanced instruction and research capabilities towards the attainment of food security for the increasing population;
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and skills who will respond to sustainable productivity and development scheme towards the improvement of the quality of life of the people, particularly in Region 02;
- Demonstrate critical inquiry and independent research capabilities for the advancement of Crop Science;
- Promote institutional linkages and development assistance towards sustainable development in the countryside; and,
- Develop concrete efforts among studentry, faculty and the administration in the attainment of greater efficiency and effectiveness in the pursuit of better intellectual and professional advancement.