1. De-stressing Breathing & Meditation Workshop – Mon., Oct. 4th at 5:00 pm
2. Learn, See & Play American Football – Sat., Oct. 9th at 10:00 am
3. International Souses Tea Party – Thurs., Oct. 14th at 5:00 pm
4. Special Interest Session: H-1B Visas & Permanent Residency – Thurs., Oct. 21st at 5:00 pm
5. Special Interest Session: FREE Immigration Legal Advice – Thurs. & Fri., Oct. 21st & 22nd
6. Festival of Nations (Volunteers needed) – Sun., Oct. 24th at 12:00 noon
For more information on these events, please see below.
1. De-stressing Breathing & Meditation Workshop – Mon., Oct. 4th at 5:00 pm – come and learn helpful tips to take the stress off the upcoming midterms through deep breathing and meditation. Monday, Oct. 4th at 5:00 pm in the Terrace Lounge (1st floor of the Campus Center next to GSO). See the attached flier for more information. This workshop is free and everyone is welcome.
2. Learn, See & Play American Football – Sat., Oct. 9th at 10:00 am – learn the rules of the game and play a game with other international students before watching the UAlbany Homecoming Fall Festival home game. Includes a free lunch as part of the Homecoming festivities. Meet Austin Powers in from of the ISSS office at 10:00 am. Sign-up for this event is available in ISSS. See the attached flier for more information.
3. International Souses Tea Party – Thurs., Oct. 14th at 5:00 pm - International Student & Scholar Services would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the “International Spouses Tea Party”. We know how difficult it can be for the spouses of international student to get used to life in the United States. It’s a new place, new food, new customs, new language and very little support. The spouses often stay home while the students go off to school. So, ISSS would like to provide the international spouses in the UAlbany community to come out, enjoy some free food and tea and maybe meet new people. Of course the students are invited too!
International Spouses Tea Party
Thursday, Oct. 14, 2010
5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Science Library, Room G-5.
Please RSVP for this event no later than Monday, Oct. 11th so we can plan our menu. Also, if you have a favorite tea you would like us to try and find for this event, please let us know.
4. Special Interest Session: H-1B Visas & Permanent Residency – Thurs., Oct. 21st at 5:00 pm in CC 375- This is a once a year event - don't miss out. Seats are filling up fast!! Please register as soon as possible! Please see the attached flier for more information. A sign up sheet for this event is available in ISSS – if you can’t come by to sign up, you can always call us at 518-591-8189 or e-mail us at ISSS@albany.edu and we’d be happy to put you name on the list.
5. Special Interest Session: FREE Immigration Legal Advice – Thurs. & Fri., Oct. 21st & 22nd – Arthur Serratelli, Esq. will be on campus for two days answering your questions and concerns with FREE legal advice for international students. While Art comes every year for the H-1B and Permanent Residency workshop, this year he is offering 20 minute personal appointments to answer your specific questions and concerns. As space and time is limited, please sign up early in ISSS. See the attached flier for additional details.
6. Festival of Nations (Volunteers needed) – Sun., Oct. 24th at 12:00 noon – This festival of fun, food and entertainment is looking for volunteers to help out at Empire State Plaza on Sunday, Oct. 24th. Please see the attached flyer for more information and contact Manoj Ajmera at firstname.lastname@example.org ot 518-371-3737 to volunteer. If you do volunteer, please remember that the event coordinators are counting on you to be there – please don’t just disappear the day of the event.