Currently I am a Scientist (Fellow) at CSIR-Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology, Bhubaneswar. The institute comes under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) which is controlled under the ambit of Govt. of India through Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR). I have been engaged here in the research field of Discrete Element Method (DEM), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and their coupling.
I am a 2012 batch pass-out from Department of Fuel and Mineral Engineering at Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, which is an allied school under the Indian Institute of Technology-JEE consortium. Pursued there the 5 year-Dual Degree course which included the award of the degree of Bachelor in Technology in Mineral Engineering and the degree of Master of Technology in Mineral Resource Management. Mentioned course aims to produce excellence with the knowledge of Mineral Engineering and specialization in management of mineral resources with inclusion of subjects of MBA.
My research interests are Mineral Processing operations analysis with advance simulators and Discrete element method (DEM) simulations. Both these provides extended capability to serve the industry by adding better economic value to resources, reducing retention time. My M.Tech thesis is on Discrete Element Method under Prof. B.K. Mishra (Director, IMMT) and Prof. R. Venugopal (Dean R&D, ISM Dhanbad).
I am an enthusiastic and hard working fellow who believes in putting efforts to achieve goals. Also, I was a Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) [English: Junior Scientist Promotion Scheme] through Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, India. Fellowship designated me Junior Scientist and provided a recommendation letter addressing to all Indian research centers and institutes to provide me with extended facility for research on compulsory basis. Also, 2500 USD (approx.) research stipend was granted by KVPY every year.
"Interdisciplinary approaches are the strongest tool to solve any engineering or scientific problem."
Curriculum Vitae can be found here
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Mineral Resource Management from Indian School of Mines
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mineral Engineering from Indian School of Mines
- Computer application in Mineral Engineering
- Particle Breakage and Bulk flow studies with DEM-CFD coupling
- Data Mining and interpretation of unit operations
for more animations relevant to my projects.
- Budding Innovators Award' 2010: 1st prize (worth 2000 USD) for designing Self-Automated Mechanical Solar Tracking Device in pertinence to green technology from National Research Development Corporation, New Delhi.
- Techfest’2010, IIT Bombay: 3rd prize (worth 500 USD) for demonstrating self-designed Peanut Decorticator.
- Great Step'2008, Department of Mining Engineering, IIT Kharagpur: 2nd prize (worth 100 USD) for overnight design of coal/ore elevator as an Industrial design problem (IDP).
For more details on awards and achievements click here.
- M.Tech thesis: Review on Discrete Element Method
- Evaluation of model parameters on breakage characteristics.
Soni, R. K., Eswaraiah, C., Behera, S. K., Mishra, B. K., International Journal
of Mineral Processing (under review)
. Eswaraiah, C., Soni, R. K., Sakthivel, R., Waste Management (to be submitted)
- Breakage energy analysis in comminution with the use of twin pendulum device. Soni, R.K., Eswaraiah, C., Mishra,
B.K, Minerals Engineering (to be submitted)
- Discrete Element Method (DEM): Steps, Methodologies, Development and Applications in Simulation of Granular flow. Author: B.K. Mishra, R.K. Soni (drafting)
- Submitted paper titled "Analysis of Model Parameters Dependency on Breakage Characteristics of Ores During Single Particle Comminution". C. Eswaraiah, R.K. Soni, B.K. Mishra. International Mineral Processing Congress (IMPC-2012), New Delhi
paper titled "Determination of Single Particle Comminution Characteristics by Drop Weight Test". R. K. Soni, C. Eswaraiah, S. K.
Behera, B. K. Mishra. International Seminar of Mineral Processing Technology (MPT-2010), Jamshedpur, India
paper titled "Development of A Low Cost Peanut Decorticator for use in Developing Countries" A. Mishra, R. Soni and J. Mangla at Synergy Technical International Conference-2009, Godollo, Hungary
- "Development of A Low Cost Peanut Decorticator for use in Developing Countries" A. Mishra, R. Soni, J. Mangla. IP India office, App. No. 1422/Kol/2009, Published on 23/04/2010
- "An Improved Design of Cans/Bottles Filling Machine for Filling of Liquid" R. Soni, K. D. Pany. IP India office, App. No. 705/Kol/2009, Applied on 06/05/200
- "A Self-Automated Mechanical Solar Tracking Device" A. Soni, R. Soni, IP India office, submitted to National Research Development Corporation, India
CSIR-Institute of Minerals & Materials Tech.
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Bhubaneswar-751 013, India
Ph: 0091 674 237 9235