Venue for ISCOS 2012 is NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY KARNATAKA, Surathkal, P.O. Srinivasnagar, Mangalore - 575025, INDIA.
For more details about the Institute / Venue, please visit: http://www.nitk.ac.in
For accommodation, the arrangements will be separately made based on the request by participants on extra payment. Please contact the Organizing Chair for this purpose. Details will appear in this page separately. You may also get the details of Hotels at Mangalore through the Google Search.
Foreign authors may contact the Organizing Chair for getting a letter which might be useful to get Visa to India / attending the Symposium.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REACH NITK / TO TAKE ACCOMMODATION
1. Reach Mangalore by Bus/Train (get down at Mangalore Central Rly stn.) / flight
2. NITK Surathkal, Mangalore is located on NH17, Trivandrum-Mumbai National Highway, 20 kms north of Mangalore city, in a town known as Surathkal.
3. If you reach Mangalore by Bus, take the bus from Mangalore: (KSRTC Bus stand, Mangalore – Lal Baugh ) or (Private Bus – Jyothi Circle or Lal Baugh), then take a ticket from Mangalore to NITK Surathkal, and, get down at NITK GUEST HOUSE BUS STOP; (while seated in the bus, Look for the town known as Surathkal, and from this Surathkal, the NITK campus is 3 kms away). For taking a local bus follow this guidelines: City bus no.2, or all service buses going towards Mulki / Kinnigoli / Udupi or, all Express buses going to Manipal / Udupi/ Padubidiri (from Mangalore locations – major busstops– Lal baugh or Jyothi circle or StateBank).
Alternatively, you may take an auto who may charge you around Rs.300/= or you may a taxi, who may charge you around Rs.450/=.
4. If you come by Train (Mangalore Central), take an auto to Mangalore Bus stand (also known as State bank bus stand), and from here, follow the instructions given in point no. 2 above for taking a local bus to NITK guest house bus stop. OR, if you are getting down at Mangalore Junction (also, formerly known as Kankanadi railway stn), first you have reach Mangalore State bank bus stand either by bus or by auto, and then, follow the instructions given in point no.2 above.
5. If you are coming by flight, no choice, take a pre-paid taxi to NITK Guest House, and the charges may be Rs. 500/=.
6. On arrival at NITK Surathkal Guest house, there will be the following PG students, who would help you to take accommodation:
Nitesh N.Naik bile –9482843839 and 09035226351 Main contact
John Prakash Veigas - – 9482038836
V.Subbanna Chowdary - – 9945196883
K.Kartheek - 9008836518
Suhagiya Saumyakumar - 7204609434
Bandi Madhusudhan - 7795496465
Muni Venkatesh - 8123321442 for accommodation
7. As informed earlier, the room rent will be Rs. 150/= per day, directly payable to Hostel authorities / student volunteers while vacating the room.
8. For guest speakers who are coming from outside / industry, the accommodation is arranged at NITK Guest house itself, and they may please meet Mr.Vittalapur (9945964655), Care-taker of the guest house, on arrival, and take the accommodation. However, your travel plan may pl. be informed / is known to the undersigned, and all arrangements are made in this context.
9. As it is cool season, please bring woolen cloth to protect your body and for your comfortable stay; please do not try to swim in the sea – just enjoy the sea beach only.
Welcome to NITK and happy stay.
Regards. (Prof.K.Chandra sekaran) (9448251453)