March 23, 2017
Dear Parents, Staff, and Students:
- We are 8 days away to complete the NYC School Survey that went home in a green envelope at the beginning of March. The survey will collect vital information about a school’s capacity to improve student achievement. Please make time to complete it with a black or blue pen, and send back with your child to the homeroom teacher. If you choose to complete the survey online please go to www.nycschoolsurvey.org using the survey access code printed on the individual surveys. If you misplaced your survey please contact Ms. Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Survey Hotline at 1-800-690-8603. Your response will help us improve our school. All parents surveys are confidential and must be completed or postmarked by Friday, March 31, 2017. Your support is highly appreciated.
- The glasses for all students who were screened and prescribed glasses through the Helen Keller Foundation, should arrive by Monday, March 27, 2017
March 22, 2017
Dear I.S. 93 Parents:
Since my last Message Box in January, there is more special news we are proud to share with you.
- * Student Council: The seventh grade class representatives met with the principal to voice their ideas, perceptions, and suggestions about our school. Some things shared included: A big calendar in the main hall to see upcoming events and add talent choices to include dance.
- The I.S. 93 Cheerleaders placed third in the First Annual OWL NYC Youth Cheerleading Competition.
- * I.S. 93 has a new soccer team. Our students played against I.S. 61 last week. I.S. 93 will play against I.S. 102 in our gym on Thursday, 3/23 at 4pm.
- * Our arts partnership with P.S. 305 is underway. The mural in the cafeteria will completed by June.
- * We are excited to add approximately 200 touch screen Chromebooks for students to use next year.
- * It has been suggested that a memorial scholarship be awarded to an eighth grader at graduation in honor of our beloved Subrina Cek, a special education science teacher who passed away last month. The School Leadership Team will be discussing details of this special recognition and award.
- * We had a full house at this month’s PTA meeting. We honored over 100 students and enjoyed performances from our student band and our student Latin dance team.
- * Our school’s current community service project is raising money for Pennies For Patients. Thank you to our parents and staff for their contributions.
- * Council Member Crowley has allocated $100,000 to I.S. 93. You will receive a ballot on Friday, 3/24, to vote on how to spend the money. Please complete vote as soon as you get the ballot. It’s not everyday someone gives the school $100,000.
- * Our drama club will begin rehearsals for our stage production of Cinderella.
- * Our ESL students will be presenting a special dance performance at 9 a.m., Friday, 3/24, in the auditorium in partnership with DELLTA Arts Connections.
- * Everyone is invited to the 2 Annual Beacon Family Bingo night on Friday, 3/31, at 5 p.m.
September 21, 2016
Equity and Excellence
Get to know all that is offered in Ridgewood.