Resources from the Campaign for World’s Libraries
The Campaign for the World's Libraries is a public education campaign of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions, the American Library Association, and libraries around the world to speak loudly and clearly about the value of libraries and librarians in the 21st century. It is designed to showcase the unique and vital roles played by public, school, academic and special libraries worldwide.
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) and United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) School Library Manifesto and Guidelines. Also includes links and resources for international librarians to:
- Network with other librarians
- Learn how to advocate your case
- Refer to (international) research
- Refer to other important statements
Online Courses: ALA Washington Office Webinars on Grass Roots Advocacy and Stimulus
- Talking Points
- Making the Case
- Outreach to Patrons and the Public
- Talking to the Media
- Working with Government Officials and Legislators
- Staging a Rally
- Library Checklist
Links to webinars on advocacy.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Frontline Advocacy Begins with You
- Frontline Advocacy for Public Libraries
- Where School is Cool! The Frontline Advocacy for School Libraries Toolkit
- The Frontline Advocacy for College and University Libraries Toolkit
- Frontline Advocacy for Corporate, Government and Other Libraries
- Who Are Library Advocates?
- Building a Library Advocacy Network
- The Action Plan
- Speaking Out
- Dealing with the Media
- Dealing with Legislators
- Ways to communicate
- Library Advocate’s Checklist
- Resources available from the ALA
Here you can download the "@ your library" logo in different languages.
A website giving you information on library related issues as well as way to get involved and how to take action.
From the American Library Association, includes links to:
- Frontline Advocacy
- Advocating in a Tough Economy Toolkit
- Add It Up: Libraries Make the Difference in Youth Development and Education
- Coalition Building
- Library Snapshot Day Primer
- Making Budget Presentations