The 20th International Panel Data Conference will be held at the Hitotsubashi Hall in Tokyo on 9 and 10 July 2014.
The aim of the conference is to bring together economists, econometricians, statisticians and social scientists
interested in or working on panel data issues.
The program will consist of invited and contributed papers including the poster session that cover a broad spectrum of theoretical and applied panel data research such as
- Theory: high-dimensional covariance matrices, factor models in economics and finance, dynamic multi-factor model, short-T and/or short-N panels, cross-section dependence, non-linear panels, spatial vs panel econometrics, stability and breaks in panels, forecasting with panels, bootstrapping with panels, panel quantile regression
- Applications: energy, productivity, technical changes, patents and R&D, industrial organization, income inequality, growth, labor supply, price dynamics, health production, health economics, health and medical problems, social issues, psychological issues
Cheng Hsiao (University of Southern California, USA), Axel Börsch-Supan (Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, Germany), and M. Hashem Pesaran (Cambridge University, UK and University of Southern California, USA).
Liangjun Su (Singapore Management University, Singapore), Ying Fang (The Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE) and School of Economics, Xiamen University, China), Yoosoon Chang (Indiana University, USA), Joon Y. Park (Indiana University, USA), Katsumi Shimotsu (University of Tokyo, Japan).
- Cheng Hsiao: Advisor to the 20th IPDC, Professor of Economics at University of Southern California, USA
- Noriyuki Takayama: Co-chair, Professor Emeritus at Hitotsubashi University; Distinguished Scholar at the RIPPA; and CEO & Director of PIE → more
- Yukinobu Kitamura: Co-chair, Secretary General of the 20th IPDC, Professor of Economics at Hitotsubashi University → more
The official website of the International Panel Data Conferences
It has been launched since the 26th March 2014. See below:
Important Dates (finally revised as at the 21st February 2014)
15 October 2013
Registrations with discounted fees start
1 December 2013
Full paper submissions and the poster session abstract submissions start
25 February 2014
Registrations with discounted fees end
15 March 2014
Full paper submissions and the poster session abstract submissions end
5 April 2014
Final notification of acceptance or rejection to authors
15 April 2014
Deadline for registrations
1 June 2014
Deadline for PPT submission
9-10 July 2014