Updated on: Friday, January 15
Vocab 6 quiz 1 on Monday
Grammar Monday: complex sentences using: if, since, though
Sparks ch. 3, 4, town meeting writing quiz and quick quiz on Monday
Journal topics for the week:
1. Describe a time when you learned something from a friend.
2. Describe a time when you gave someone good advice that helped them in some way.
3. All American summary
4. What three things would you pack in you suitcase if you had to leave your home forever?
5. What three things would you change if you were principal for a week?
6. Three reasons why you should not break a promise.
7. Do you think you are treated differently because you are a boy or girl? 3 ways.
Phantom writing test on Friday
Read Theory three times this week
All journal assignments ('IP7 J' notebook)
1. Importance of language
2. Adapting to a new culture
3. Is it better to have just one culture in a country or many? (due Monday, Nov 9)
4. Can several different cultures exist peacefully within a country?(due Monday Nov 9)
5. What is the best way to learn a language. 3 reasons. Due Mon Nov 16
6. What is the best way to get what you want from your parents. 3 reasons why this is the best way. Due Mon Nov 16
7. Describe a time when you were embarrassed by your family or someone in your family.
8. Describe the three most important tools in your life. Give three reasons why they are important
9. Describe a time when you learned something from a friend.
10. Describe a time when you gave someone good advice that helped them in some way.
November 30 - December 7:
11. What would you pack in your suitcase if you could not go home again?
12. What if you were named principal for the week? What 3 things would you do?
13. All American summary
Read Theory ddf
You need to do three Read Theory units each week, Monday-Sunday, on three different days. Read Theory points are included in the English grade. Your passwords and usernames are in your boxes