Enjoy these 2 Activities on Phonemic Awaremess.Phonemic Awareness Activities on the iPad are made for each other. I can't wait to see apps take full advantage of the dynamics of the iPad and researched-based practices.
Have fun with the activities.
This App is not only free it follows . It's a well rounded multi-level app.
My cons: Can't skip levels and the monkey does get a tad annoying, but it's free:)
To Use the App at Any Level: This allows the teacher to freely move in the program for individual or small group work,
- Tap Quick Start for Teachers - Since there are multiple young players each needs to have the teacher type in the short password to verify the student.
- Read through the About Magic Penny. Note the 2 passwords. 1 short and 1 long.
- Tap Here to Start
- Add New Player: Type the shorter password.
- Type your name for the new player and Tap Create.
- Tap Let's Play Button
- Play through 1 sub-level
- Tap End session-> End
- Check your progress: tap your name.
Note: If someone can find how to clear names and not just Results let me know. to replace an old student by editing them and clearing results.
- Tap Teacher Mode: Enter longer password.
- Tap the Banana Next to Level 2.
- Tap a Sub-level Button ex: Level 2-B.
- Complete a few questions. Tap End Session BUT instead of End Choose Select a new sub-level.
- Continue until you have tried 1 activity in each level.
NOTE: I would suggest not changing the passwords especially in a school setting.
App-tivity 2: Sound Seekers- Initial Sounds- Guided App Review
Complete in Pairs or Solo
App Review Activity
- Do this first Review together. Pair Up. Use the evaluation below under attachments made by Kathy Schrock. It's a nice quick tool.
- Together or Solo fill out the App Review Form
Company also has app Blend Seekers