- A hard disk drive (hard disk, hard drive, HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters.
- Hard Drive is the debut album from York rock band The Sorry Kisses, which was released on April 28, 2008. The album has been created as an outlet for Hayley Hutchinson's louder songs, which contrast with her usual acoustic style.
- A high-capacity, self-contained storage device containing a read-write mechanism plus one or more hard disks, inside a sealed unit. Also called hard disk drive
- disk drive: computer hardware that holds and spins a magnetic or optical disk and reads and writes information on it
- Belonging to or forming the outer surface or structure of something
- happening or arising or located outside or beyond some limits or especially surface; "the external auditory canal"; "external pressures"
- Coming or derived from a source outside the subject affected
- outward features; "he enjoyed the solemn externals of religion"
- Relating to or denoting a medicine or similar substance for use on the outside of the body
- coming from the outside; "extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph"; "relying upon an extraneous income"; "disdaining outside pressure groups"
- Iomega is a producer of consumer external, portable and networking storage hardware. Established in the 1980s, Iomega has sold more than 410 million digital storage drives and disks. Purchased by EMC in June 2008, Iomega has become the SOHO/SMB arm of the world’s largest storage company.
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
iomega external hard drive repair - Iomega 10918
Iomega 10918 Zip 250 MB Parallel Port
Remember when floppy drives ruled the land of backup storage? With hard drives becoming ever more cavernous and file sizes becoming more bloated each year, it's a wonder those atrociously slow floppy drives still come standard on every computer. Maybe it's time you moved up to something faster, better, and more capacious. A Zip 100, you say? Maybe last year. But why bother with that when you can get a Zip 250?
As you likely have gathered from the name, Iomega's Zip 250 uses 250 MB disks for incremental data backup. Since the media is removable, you can buy new disks when you need more storage instead of buying an entirely new drive. The 250 MB capacity is a much more reasonable standard for shuttling around files than the 1.44 MB diskettes used by a typical floppy drive.
You might be worried about purchasing a drive that uses a parallel interface, as that's the port most printers occupy. Iomega thoughtfully has designed the Zip 250 with a pass-through port, meaning you can attach the drive to the PC and then attach a printer to the Zip drive. It worked flawlessly in our tests. The drive comes with both an AC adapter and a parallel cable, along with one 250 MB Zip disk--everything you need to get started.
Zip drives always have been designed well, and the Zip 250 is exceptional in this regard. There's a well on the side for the power plug so it doesn't protrude from the jack. This makes it possible to stand the drive on its side if it's taking up too much space lying flat.
Zip products have been around long enough that the software for them has had plenty of time to mature. The included CD-ROMs contain useful tools like Copy Machine, which lets you copy a Zip disk using a single Zip drive, and a one-step backup/restore utility, which easily backs up files from your hard drive. We also liked the included Norton Zip Rescue Disaster Recovery software, which lets you make a working backup copy of your Windows installation so you can easily restore it if the system goes bad. It works much better than the Startup Disk utility included with Windows 95 and Windows 98.
The main drawback to the parallel-port Zip 250 is its abysmal transfer rate. Peaking at 0.8 MB per second, we're talking at least five minutes for a 250 MB transfer. That's under perfect circumstances, and we all know how often computer users encounter perfect circumstances. Regardless, it's better than the 1.44 MB floppy drive it replaces, and most users won't need to transfer more than a few megabytes worth of data at a time. --T. Byrl Baker
Shares parallel port with printer
Slow transfer rates
Compatible only with Windows PCs
Hard Drive 016
I think you can tell why his hard drive wasn't working. No data recovery possible.
Hard Drive Clock
A hard drive clock i recently made.
iomega external hard drive repair
The Iomega Prestige Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 provides a simple and affordable solution for all your storage needs. Ideal for adding capacity to your system, this stylish drive offers a sturdy aluminum construction and included stand. Available in 500GB, 1TB, 1.5TB and 2TB capacities, it’s the easiest way to save photos, music, videos and more. It includes Iomega Protection Suite software with Iomega v.Clone, Trend Micro Internet Security (1 year subscription), Iomega QuikProtect, EMC Retrospect, and MozyHome Online Backup service. v.Clone software lets you take your PC virtually anywhere including files, settings, and applications.
The Iomega Prestige 1TB External Hard Drive is an easy-to-use, affordable, and energy-efficient desktop storage solution. Featuring a stylish and durable aluminum design, plug-and-play functionality, and a secure EMC Retrospect Express software license for easy file backup, the Prestige is the easy way to store your photos, videos, and music, and to protect your important computer files.
The included stand lets you place the Prestige both vertically and horizontally. View larger.
With a 7200 RPM spindle speed and 8 MB or more cache, you'll have quick access to your data. View larger.
Plug-and-Play Simplicity and 1 TB Storage Capacity
The Iomega Prestige uses a USB 2.0 interface for fast data transfers with universal compatibility. The USB 2.0 interface allows for plug-and-play simplicity with a data transfer rate of up to 480 Mbps. Additionally, the drive is already preformatted NTFS, so you don't have to waste time formatting to use it.
The Prestige features a drive with 7200 RPM spindle speed and an 8MB or higher cache buffer. This provides performance that results in fast access speeds and low latency.
And with 1TB of storage capacity, the Prestige gives you the ability to store up to 4 million photos, over 18,500 hours of music, or 1,500 hours of video.
Stylish Aluminum Case
The Prestige has durable aluminum construction with a brushed-metal finish that will stylishly complement your desktop or workstation. An included stand gives you the option of either placing the drive horizontally or vertically.
Not only does the aluminum design look good, it also works to dissipate heat, allowing the drive to run cooler and quieter.
Backup Software Included
A license for EMC's Retrospect Express software is included (software is available via download), allowing for easy file backup that keeps your data safe. Also included is free MozyHome Online Backup, which provides 2GB of online data storage.
Compatible with Macs and PCs
Whether you have a Mac or PC, the Prestige will do the job. The drive requires a PC with Windows Vista, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional or Windows 2000 Professional, and a Pentium II class processor with 256MB RAM and a USB 2.0 connection, or a Mac (PowerPC or Intel) with OS X 10.3 or above with a USB 2.0 port.
The Iomega Prestige 1TB External Hard Drive is powered by an Energy Star qualified adapter and is backed by a one-year warranty.
What's in the Box
Iomega Desktop Hard Drive, Connection Cable, Quick Install Guide, HTML User Manual and Help Files, Backup software license included, software via download (PC only).
The stylish aluminum enclosure complements your desktop.