- Student Learning Outcomes:
- Read, analyze and explain intermediate level Java programs.
- Design solutions for intermediate level problems using appropriate design methodology incorporating object-oriented intermediate programming constructs.
- Course Objectives
- Identify the Computing Basics and Java as a programming language.
- Apply datatypes, expressions in basic Java programs.
- Identify Input/Output functions and formatting techniques.
- Build Simple Program using operators in expressions.
- Demonstrate Flow of Control concepts in Java programs.
- Demonstrate usage of Functions/Methods in writing programs.
- Apply the concepts of Arrays in Java programs.
- Identify Object Theory concepts including Overloading and Containment
- Apply the concepts of Inheritance in Object Oriented Java programs.
- Apply abstract classes and interfaces in java programs
- Write programs to demonstrate the usage of File I/O API in Java.
- Demonstrate usage of data structures in Java.
- Demonstrate the basics of Exception Management in Java.
You can follow instruction in this doc to access unix at De Anza.
Java compiler is already installed when an account is created.
You can use javac and java commands in a unix shell to access.