In this module you will setup your environment for programming in Java and get to know the JVM platform.
Follow these instructions for getting started.
- Setup Java Standard Edition.
- Download latest version of JDK from the following link - http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp - Scroll down to "Java Platform - Standard Edition" and get "JDK 6 with JDK and JRE" - get the latest update.
- Next to the download link is a "docs" link. Follow this menu to download the installation instruction so you can install Java for your Operating System.
- Download CoreJava Package and use these instructions for using with Console Input and these instructions for using with Eclipse.. (If you are not able to install CoreJava package you can use the Scanner class. For more information on Scanner class please refer to Chapter 2 program samples in your class text.)
- Download corejava package from the attachments area below in this page.
- Download installation instruction from the attachments area below and follow these to install CoreJava Package.
- Now you can start with the class lecture, notes and slides.
- Go through the subpages, review the notes and attend class lecture.
- You can refer to the following powerpoint and programs for this lecture.