ISP students are reminded that classes begin as usual on January 30 for the start of an exciting semester 2!! We will welcome back some of our students who were off in CTC programs, and say goodbye to those on their way to these same programs. We are saying goodbye to other students as they leave for other schools, towns and programs and welcome each and every new ISP student to our ranks!!! A few tips for the semester:
- make sure you have a student agenda- this is your ticket to leave the classroom and is a great tool to help keep you organized
- make sure you have paid your ISP fees: these go towards all the fun and exciting events that we do throughout the year!
- ensure you have all the of the supplies that you need for the courses you have: calculator, gym strip, pens and pencils, etc
- never share your locker combo with anyone but your locker partner
- stay on top of daily assignments in order to leave early on Fridays
- ask for help when you need it!!!!
- make sure your teacher has your up-to-date information!!
A BIG thank you goes out to the ISP 12 students who held a special staff appreciation lunch for all of the ISP teachers and TAs this last week. Students signed cards, decorated the room and made sure each staff member felt appreciated!! What a great afternoon!
September 21, 2011!!!
We're off to Cultas Lake for our annual Teapot Hill hike!!!!
Permission forms have gone out- get yours back to your classroom teacher ASAP!!!
Some things to remember:
- Dress weather appropriate
- You need runners (not flip-flops)
- Hot Dog lunch provided
- School Rules apply (no smoking)
ISP is looking for candidates for next year! Do you know someone who is or are you:
We can help!!! Contact Mrs. Webster at 604-853-3367 local 2115 or drop by N115 to get more information about how ISP may be able to help you succeed!!
- struggling with attendance
- academically capable
- discouraged and unmotivated
- feeling mad, sad or frustrated
Grads!! It's almost time to make some important decisions about your
- Buy your prom tickets (your school fees must be paid and your transitions book complete)
- Decide with whom you'd like to sit- 10 per table
- Decide if you will be going with someone- ask him or her! :-)
- Girls: get your dress, make your hair and nail appointments and start buying your accessories; practice wearing your heels- break them in!
- Guys: go rent your tuxedo and order a corsage for your date if you have one
- Think about your ride to and from the MSA arena
- Attend all practices for the Grand March
- Girls: bring flip flops to the prom
- Decide who you'd like to have watch you cross the stage (4 tix given)
- Decide on something nice to wear under your gown
- Think about the nice thing you'd like to say as you cross the stage- is there someone you should thank?
- Bring a bottle of water!
All Parents/Guardians are welcome and encouraged to join us on April 20th for parent-teacher interviews. Your classroom staff will be contacting you to make an appointment soon!! If you would like to secure your appointment time, call today!!!
Students are asked to be present at the interviews and everyone is reminded that while the mainstream parent-teacher interviews are being held in the gym from 6-8, ISP interviews will be in the individual classrooms and may begin as early as 2:30.
Hope to see you there!!
Wooooo Hoooooo!! many congrats to all of the ISP athletes:
- Jon Neilson
- Bryan Johansen
- Kevin Boivin
- Colton Zinn
- Dolphus Dominique
- Cameron Ast
- Kimberly Ann Hunter
- Corey Roberts
- Sarah Wills
Many Thanks to all of our fabulous ISP coaches:
Mr. Myer, Mr. McLaughlin, Mr. Hills, and Ms. Harrop!!
The end of Term 3 is almost upon us!! April 8th is the final day. Are you passing? Are you behind in your work??? Saturday school and lunch hour homework sessions are a must!!
Interims have gone home and should now be signed and returned to the classroom teacher...
Remember, Checkmymark is always available to tell you about your progress!!
The following is a list of exams that MOST ISP students will be writing. For a complete list of exams, contact the school office.
Monday, January 24:
8:30-11:30 Math 10 (A&W) PROVINCIAL
8:30-10:30 Math 11 Essentials
8:30-10:30 English 9
Tuesday, January 25:
12:00-2:00 Socials 9
Wednesday, January 26:
8:30-11:30 Science 10 PROVINCIAL
12:00-3:00 Social Studies 11 PROVINCIAL
A reminder to all students to arrive early, bring a pencil and a pen and a calculator if necessary. Remember to eat a healthy breakfast BEFORE you come to write your exam.
All ISP students will soon be making for Hemlock for our annual ski trip!!!!!! February 17th is the big day and we are asking that all students bring home their forms for families to review and sign. Remember, there are many, many spots to sign and initial-- check the sheets carefully!!
Skiers and snowboarders will be leaving Abby at 7:15 am. DON'T BE LATE!!!! This bus will return to school at 5:00 p.m.
Tubers will depart Abby at 8:15. Arrive for a regular school day. Tubers can expect to be back by 2:30.
Remember that you will need:
Lunch and a small snack will be provided and there is also a canteen (lots of $$$$).
- a warm jacket
- mittens or gloves
- a hat or toque
- snow pants
- a change of clothes
All skiers and snowboarders MUST take a lesson and MUST wear a helmet while on the mountain!!!!