Instructors: Create instructions for your students to register for your course by downloading the file below (or copying the following text) and replacing "Your OLI Course Title" and "Your OLI Course Key" with the appropriate information for your course.
Creating a Student Account and Registering for "Your OLI Course Title": "Your OLI Course Key"
- Go to the Open Learning Initiative (OLI) website: http://oli.web.cmu.edu
- In the Register Now! Section, enter "Your OLI Course Key" and click the Register button.
- You will be presented with the details of the course. On the right side of the screen you will see a student sign up form.
- Complete all of the fields in the Student Signup box on the right side of the screen and click the Signup button.
- On the Confirm Your Account Information page, review the account information you entered. If you wish to make any changes, click the Edit Account button. If everything is correct, click the Confirm Account button. Important Note: the only account setting that can't be changed after you confirm your account is your Account ID.
- Read the statements in the Online Consent Form and select “I Agree” or “I Disagree” then click the Submit button.
- You will be presented with your OLI “My Courses” home page. From this page you can enter the course by clicking the Enter Course link. From your OLI home page, you can also read announcements from your instructor, send email to your instructor, send email to OLI-help for technical questions, change your password or test the technical configuration of your system.
Prior to using the course for the first time, or any time you use a new computer to access the course, please select the “Test and configure my system” link, located in the Help and Support area on your My Courses home page or at the top of your course syllabus. On the Test and configure page you can run an automated test and read instructions that will assist you in installing the required software and configuring your system appropriately.
Now that you have an ID and are registered in the course, you can access your OLI My Courses homepage and enter your course by going to http://oli.web.cmu.edu at any time and entering your OLI account ID and OLI password in the Non-Carnegie Mellon Users sign in section.
If you have technical problems send questions to: email@example.com