My name is David Martin. I have been an instructor at the high school and community college levels since 1990. I have taught Revit Architecture since 2008 and continue to teach the Introduction to Revit Architecture course at Glendale Community College in Glendale, California.
My teaching/administrative experience includes:
- 25 years of teaching experience.
- High School teaching experience
(Full-time teacher from 1990 to 2002).
- Community College teaching experience (Adjunct Instructor 1999 - 2002, Full-time Instructor 2002 - Present)
- Assistant Division Chair for the Technology & Aviation Division at Glendale Community College.
- Department Chair of the Architecture Department at Glendale Community College.
- Adjunct instructor at Rio Hondo Community College in Whittier, California.
- Instructor for ASNT (American Society for Non-Destructive Testing)
I have taught various subjects such as:
- Architectural Drafting & Design using both Traditional (TRAD) and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) methodology;
- Architectural Print Reading;
- Descriptive Geometry;
- Perspective Graphics;
- International Building Code.
I also have 3 years part-time experience as a structural drafter/designer in Arcadia, CA at a structural engineering firm.
I was responsible for the development and drawing of: foundation plans, framing plans, section views and structural details for commercial & residential projects.
California State University, Los Angeles, Ca - Bachelor of Arts degree in Industrial Arts, September 1999
Don Bosco Technical Institute, Rosemead, Ca - Associate of Science degree in Metallurgy, June 1983
Computer Software & Hardware Knowledge
Autodesk Revit Architecture 2008 through 2017
AutoCAD Releases 12 through 2016
SketchUp versions 5 through 8, and Pro 2014
MicroStation versions 5, 95, J, SE, XM and V8i (Release 1 through SELECTSeries3)
Bentley Architecture V8i SELECTSeries1
I served in the United States military for approximately 10 years, three years were on active duty. I served locally in Southern California while in the Army and Marine Corps Reserves as well as various places in the US and for a brief time in the Panama Canal Zone. Achieved the rank of Sergeant, E-5.