Mega Games Pack (MGP) by GlennLChugg
is a standalone client for Ubuntu that allows you to download and play
hundreds of free Linux games.
- All games are free to install and play. MGP can launch any installed game from client itself.
- Automatically adds your locally installed games to the client by searching .desktop files.
- Uses GetDeb and other online repositories to update games.
- Automatically fetches description and screenshots. You can also edit screenshots and description to add your own versions.
- All games are neatly categorized into meaningful categories.
MGP is currently in beta testing mode so there will be bugs and issues.
Also only one developer is working on it at the moment so keep that in
mind. Some of the planned features include a themeable interface and
support for global hotkeys.
- Extract the archive downloaded from the link above and run the file install in terminal.
- Once the installation is finished, you will be able to launch MGP from desktop shortcut or from main menu.
- The first time you run MGP, it will
take approx 60 seconds to scan your computers games. When you run it
again it'll use a local cached database and load almost instantly.