I am currently residing in the vicinity of Spokane, WA, USA -- my local map.
- Official visitor's site (restaurants, bars, hotels, shopping, etc.) -- http://www.visitspokane.com/
- Accommodation -- many hotels and B&Bs are available in town. See the above official visitor's site.
- Note 1. Consider our best hotel if your budget allows -- http://www.davenporthotelcollection.com/our-hotels/the-historic-davenport-hotel/
- Note 2. You may find good Air B&B hosts in the region at http://www.airbnb.com/
- Meal -- Consider those places for fun.
- Spokane International Airport (GEG) -- http://spokaneairports.net/
- Amtrak (Empire Builder between Chicago, IL and Seattle, WA/Portland, OR) and Grayhound (to/from Seattle, WA) are serving but very limited -- Spokane Intermodal Center.
- Local transportation
- Bus -- Spokane Transit Authority
- Taxis are available but very difficult to catch except a few designated places such as the train station, the airport and major hotels.
- Cellphone -- the following SIMs in USA are suitable for a long term stay (longer than a month).
- H2O Wireless (AT&T MVNO) PAYG plan is recommended (5 cents per minute or SMS, 10 cents per 1MB data at 2G/3G/4G speed).
- SpeedTalk (T-mobile, AT&T MVNO) Manageable Plan is recommended (5USD/mo for 250 unites of Voice/SMS/Data, where 1 unit is either 1-min voice, 1 SMS, or 1MB of data).
- FreedomPop (AT&T MVNO) Basic FREE plan for a light user is unique.