• 1 bunch fresh cilantro (2 cups, not packed)
• 2 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
• ¼ - ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 large cloves garlic
• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Soba Noodles, or any pasta you prefer
Combine the cilantro, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and Parmesan cheese in a blender; pulse mixture. I started with a 1/4 cup of oil but added another 1/4 cup to reach the consistency I like.
Next cook your noodles according to package directions. For the Soba I brought the water to a boil, then dropped in handfuls of noodles at a time. I made sure to keep them from clumping. I then brought down the temp to medium, a very soft boil. After about 7 minutes I drained the noodles and rinsed with hot water.
Toss with Pesto, Parmesan, and Salt. Enjoy this pasta hot or cold.