SATYAGRAHA from Hindi means TRUTH SEARCH representing a process of dialectic interaction between people. Considering life or livelihood is an ultimate factor of consciousness for all of us, then truth is relative to 'economic' (Greek 'oikos' = 'home' + 'namein' = 'management' from 'manus' = 'hands-on' care and nurture) dynamics or sustenance relationships between people and their living world. Mohandas Gandhi as a lawyer & community advocate developed the practice of inquiring for the 'best intentions' of all stakeholders including his clients the Indian communities of South Africa & India as well as the British & other invaders. Gandhi used a dialectic method of providing place for both parties to speak equally in often recorded public meetings provided forums through which parties could explore their best intentions and capacities to achieve these alone and together. He coupled dialectics with reestablishing connected community through ashrams (multihome living and collaboration) and their living economies. "I do not want my house to be walled from all sides and my windows covered. I want the cultures of all people to walk around my house with the maximum possible freedom."
SWADESHI (H. 'self-sufficiency') India organized communities to take charge of production, processing and trade of their essential goods and services such as vegetarian food (takes 1/15th the ecological footprint), shelter in multihome ashram complexes, simple traditional Sari functional clothing, warmth and health through traditional Ayurvedic or 'life-science' medicine. Each dollar & moment of time is a voting opportunity for enabling the kind of world we want to live in. United communities by sharing consumption can develop local livelihood and keep exploitive exogenous countries and corporations out. "The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed." Swadeshi empowered 'SWARAJ' (Hindi 'home-rule') by creating companies, livelihood, community structure & governance. Upon pro-active Swadeshi, India's citizens withdrew their money, labour, knowledge & complicity from British corporations. Many British corporations quickly understood to withdraw, went bankrupt & the colonial government thus 'saw-the-light'. When Indians met to march, they were mostly in the process of celebrating their economic manifestations. In self-sufficiency, Indians weren't dependent upon 'protesting' / lobbying the government or corporations. Marching together is a celebration of hard work & intelligence achieved.
Dialect method Both-Sides-Now equal-time recorded https://sites.google.com/site/indigenecommunity/structure/both-sides-now-equal-time-recorded-dialogues & published dialogue is part of indigenous tradition around the world. Socrates made dialectic method the foundation of 'Academia' (Greek garden in Athens 2500 years ago) meant to replace the hierarchal Sophist indoor schools of his time. Greeks at the time carrying on indigenous traditions, used water-time-clocks to keep track of each debater's time. The circle of audience functioned as recording memories as well as the word-of-mouth media by which statements of the debaters were made. Unfortunately in the disintegration of society, sophistry has perverted all aspects of the academic movement in all schools of our time. We must go deeper, economically rebuilding connected housing and its 'domestic' economy with its inclusive accounting as a replacement for our 'commercial' and 'industrial' economy. Both-Sides-Now is a mirror of the 'dialectic' ('both-sided dialogue') processes which Mohandas Gandhi used in Satyagraha.
DIALECTIC-RIGHTS NOT WAR
The dialectic method implemented in our multi-homes, workplaces, organizations, institutions, governments and schools transform them in alignment with multi-home economies, but we realize cultural checks and balances must be established across all aspects of the Indigenous Circle of Life. If instead of war we provided the opportunity for all combatants and contestants to speak dialectically among themselves, then war would be completely eliminated. In all aspects of our lives, we can bring peace through formal communication.
SOCIAL-MEDIA 'HATES' Social Media organizations are using the internet to outrage western populations to 'hate' much as George Orwell predicted in 1984. Let us use the same e-tools to bring all parties into dialectic processes of debate and interaction. All perspectives have important gifts to offer. All perspectives have the obligation to seek-out and engage other points of view as a first collective response. In the tradition of Mohandas Gandhi's 'Satyagraha' ('Truth-search') let us decease from demonizing our perceived enemies.
TRANSFORMING WAR THROUGH INDIGENOUS SATYAGRAHA
RE: NATO Attacks upon Libya. Is this our involvement in one more ‘just’ war? Or just one more war? & an ‘indigenous’ (Latin = ‘self-generating’) ‘Satyagraha’ (Hindi ‘truth-search’) response.
I would rather just be focusing my attention on enhancing the wonderful abundance of the natural world at my doorstep and human ability to live in harmony through abundance and friendship. The human heritage of ‘indigenous’ (Latin = ‘self-generating’) abundance and friendship is told in the Indigene Community website.
Yet once again, our government is using our monetary and technological wealth to kill and main in yet another country. Canada as one of the most energy and material consumptive countries of the world as well as one of the highest per capita producer of armaments, is addicted and mesmerized to scarcity-causing artificial science and technologies even as they kill us and ruin our world. I hope you will find the e-links to peaceful solutions given here, useful. Attached are a number of documents which present perspectives on Libya not available in mainstream news. Some have angry accusatory portions not necessarily called for but at least standing up to stop the bombs. It is time we disengage from the violence of our system and engage with the strength of life.
Humanity has entered a new phase just this last month of March 2011, predicted by George Orwell in his book 1984, in which a conjuncture of electronic social, mainstream, alternative and national-intelligence-service media have developed unprecedented social infiltration. Depressing media continually fills the attention of minds to instil continual passive non-involvement. In the third world this mind - penetration through social and other media is being exploited for immediate negative impact such as massive street mobilizations, violence and forced change of government. Facebook and other social media by convening messages of ‘hate’ (negative dissent) have attained a popular outreach in circulated messages, orchestrated by foreign national intelligence for our own self-serving purposes. The ability to bring down any government within weeks is eminently received by our press. It will seem threatening to us for the violent anarchy created, when our own peace and security is at risk.
The focus of these ‘hates’ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Minutes_Hate as first described by Orwell from his own experiences in Britain during the 2nd World War against the Axis and following during the cold war against the Soviets, is to channel human technological society inspired anxiety against perceived enemies and reinforce support of technological regime. The same angst we are feeling here is also felt worldwide through our imposed media, ownership and lifestyle control. For most of us it is a numbness, not of sharing to make community work but a seeking of isolation from the storm.
MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY&feature=related Dwight Eisenhower in 1961 at the end of his eight year presidency and role as United States military chief of staff and allies supreme general takes a step of warning the US nation about the unprecedented influence of the military industrial complex in the creation of perpetual war.
Libya is only one more step of media-led indignation, manufactured dissent or what Israel’s Moshe Dayan once reached for as “Operation Justified Vengeance”. Western gluttony of world resources and energy is maintained by well financed intelligence networks in constant implantation, arming or destabilization of 3rd world governments. Our extreme daily dependence upon oil (mostly the automobile), jet transport, nuclear, coal, hydro, corn-fuel and energy intense lifestyle for both necessities and constant lifestyle distraction is putting pressures on ecologies, economies, foreign populations and their governments to constantly be in war readiness for western pleasures. Libya is governed by or reaching for a form of direct democracy described in the Green Book. https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://911-truth.net/other-books/Muammar-Qaddafi-Green-Book-Eng.pdf&pli=1 The attached documents may surprise you considering what our corporate press and government officials are feeding us.
“COME AND OCCUPY EASTERN LIBYA”
Few are probably aware that in the middle of March 2011 less than a month ago, Saif Al Islam Gaddafi, Muammar Gaddafi’s second eldest son, invited NATO forces and the USA to “occupy eastern Libya” where most of Libya’s dissent has arisen. Saif had confidence that NATO and the USA would see for themselves the aggression of the Al Qaeda militants in those areas and be convinced in Libya’s cause. Let us suppose however that as in every nation on earth, the rebels have at least some just cause as does the Libyan government. How can this diversity of perspectives find common cause?
Following are links to 14 internationally respected voices familiar with Libya who have been to Libya and interacted with Muammar Gaddafi and the majority of Libyans come away with a positive view of Libya’s Green movement, opposite to what our western Media including most internet social media sources are reporting. My own views are simply a distillation of what I have heard from both sides and hatred for violence along with analysis based on following the money.
1. Libya and Beyond. How did we get there and what happens next? by US Senator Dennis Kucinich Ohio, August 2011 http://www.kucinich.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=F3HQ774EW6NWK7Q6QYNH4JJZJM
2. Jean-Paul Pougala’s Why the West Wants the Fall of Gaddafi? An Analysis in Defence of the Libyan Rais. http://www.rightsmonitoring.org/2011/04/why-the-west-wants-the-fall-of-gaddafi-an-analysis-in-defense-of-the-libyan-rais/
3. JW Smith, Institute for Economic Democracy, Visit to Libya 2005 Round Table on Democracy http://www.radford.edu/gmartin/Libya%20RT%20on%20Demo.htm
4. Vijay Prashad, Libya: * Who Are the Rebels? 30th Mar 2011 in Common Dreams Based on* WikiLeaks US government intelligence, http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2011/03/30-12
5. Mailread Corrigan Maguire, Nobel Peace recipient, Ohio State Violence & Killing is not the Answer http://gandhiinaction.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=5013308%3ABlogPost%3A9375&commentId=5013308%3AComment%3A9478&xg_source=activity
6. Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, On Libya YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhDaK7Yg5d0
7. Texas Senator Ron Paul, We May Have Helped Radical Jihadists http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-on-libya-we-may-have-helped-radical-jihadists/
8. Black Star News Ethnic Cleansing of Black Libyans by NATO led Rebels http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/135/ARTICLE/7478/2011-06-21.html Bengazi Rebels lynching blacks in Libya http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/135/ARTICLE/7536/2011-07-23.html
9. Jason Hamlin Invasion of Libya was about Gaddafi’s Plan to Introduce Gold Dinar as the African Union’s continental currency for all of Libya’s oil transactions. Saving the world from Gaddafi-Gold Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJu0X14vmg
10.Pan African News Wire Ghaddafi a Hero for African Rights and Liberation 27 Mar 2011 Cynthia McKinney http://panafricannews.blogspot.com/2011/03/ghaddafi-hero-for-african-rights-and.html
11.The Truth About Mercenaries in Libya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42lZyIMkSns&feature=related Al Jazeera News is racist media against Black Libyan people. Muammar Gaddafi supported and employed Black people in Libya. Arabs carry hatred, prejudice and superiority against black.
12.Timeline of United States military operations 1775 – 2011 If you are not aware of an ongoing pattern of war and armament on the part of the USA and Canada you may be surprised to learn that we haven’t missed a year of invading somewhere in the world since the founding of our colonial nations. As one of the top three armament and military component manufacturers worldwide in tangent with the USA # 2 / capita, Canadians as # 3 / capita are employed and feeding our families and living the illusion of prosperity as long as there is a war going on somewhere in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations
13.Muammar Ghaddafi The Green Book http://911-truth.net/other-books/Muammar-Qaddafi-Green-Book-Eng.pdf
14.Louis Farrakhan giving his opinion on the topic on a Chicago radio interview. Do you agree with his statements? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fer_-JE2Sb8
WHAT CAN WE DO?
Humanity’s long universal international ‘Indigenous’ (Latin = ‘self-generating’) heritage holds deep comprehensive traditions of peace which have been the mainstay of human history on earth before the present period. The Indigenous Circle of Life https://sites.google.com/site/indigenecommunity/home/indigenous-circle-of-life represents a constellation of interactive social-economic practices for strengthening ourselves as individuals and as society. Mohandas Gandhi’s ‘Satyagraha’ (‘Truth-search’) holds key elements of these traditions. Humans are social creatures by nature, so that we exist always in relations with others mirrored to our relations with ourselves. Threats to relations cause anxiety. The good news is that we can strengthen human solidarity, compassion, nurture, and mutual-aid.
1. SATYAGRAHA Mohandas Gandhi led the way with ‘Satyagraha’, literally ‘Truth-search’ in which he advocated that we inquire with our friends and enemies as to their “best intentions” in the acts they are engaging of and how we might aid them to accomplish these intensions. Gandhi as a lawyer was trained in dialectic (two-sided) dialogical engagement and its role for humans in conflict and collaboration.
2. DIALOGUE “Words are mightier than swords”. Around the world where Canadian manufactured bombs are dropping, we can turn to populations and offer to support them in ‘debate’ (French ‘de’ = ‘undo’ + ‘bate’ = ‘the fight’) with all parties. We can support a ‘Dialectic Right’ for each person and communities to engage in dialogue with their fellows at all levels including: individuals, families, extended families, schools, corporations, governments, military and institutions). When dialogue results are published, in the same way as we are being presently influenced to act negatively by media hate propaganda, so can whole populations be influenced to act positively in care and mutual aid through dialectic expression. Both Sides Now, equal time recorded dialogue offers a local accessible system of both research and conflict resolution. https://sites.google.com/site/indigenecommunity/structure/both-sides-now-equal-time-recorded-dialogues
3. SOLIDARITY https://sites.google.com/site/indigenecommunity/relational-economy/solidarity Reduce back to a human scale of interacting with the world. Know that everytime we are spending a dollar or our time, we are voting and making a choice. We can choose once our basic needs are met to invest (not charity but accounted for stewardship) in the well being of each person and humanity as a whole. Just as drug, alcohol and cigarette addicts do not need their mood enhancing fixes, so each of us do not need energy, material or technological fixes to make us happy. In fact the local time, place, scale and circumstances at which we each live and even boredom, sadness and quietness are deeply meaningful and revealing to ourselves, the ecology and biosphere. Taoists have an expression called “Wei Wu Wei”, “Doing not-doing” in realising humanity’s mission on earth, being still, to allow the voice of the earth to speak through ourselves and visa versa. Not nature as a commodity, which we drive or fly to, but as a conscious being in which we are constantly immersed.
Douglas Jack Indigene Community www.indigenecommunity.info project coordinator, LaSalle, Quebec, H8R 1X9
Please review the following attached articles in order to gain balancing perspectives on Libya at the bottom of the page under Attachments: