Services offered by Embassy of India in France to Indian Nationals
Few pointers to relvant web page/web sites
- All Indian passport related services for Indian nationals or people of Indian origin are provided by Embassy of India in Paris.
- All details pertaining to documents and application procedure for different passport related services are available on http://www.ambinde.fr/en/consular-services/passport-services
- All passport application forms are available on http://passport.gov.in/cpv/.
- The procedure for renewal, application for new passport is simple and furnishing of all required documents mentioned on Embassy of India in France website insures that you receive your new/ renewed passport without any delay and hassels.
Renewal of passport
Application for the renewal of the passport can be deposited 60 days in advance of the date of expiry of the existing passport. Following documents are required to issue a new passport in lieu of expired/expiring passport.
- Duly filled in application form which can be obtained from the Consular Wing or downloaded from http://passport.gov.in/cpv/
- Original Passport (existing)
- Photocopy of first five pages of existing passport.
- Photocopy of the stay permit (carte de séjour or carte de résident)
- 4 recent colour photographs (identical ones).
- Fee 48 € in cash (+ 30 € in cash if the existing passport was not issued in Paris)
- 54 € (+ 30 € if the existing passport was not issued in Paris) by certified cheque if you apply by post through recorded delivery with acknowledgement.
The new passport is usually issued within 30 working days.
New passport for new born baby in France
Following documents are required for issue of a new passport.
Original Birth Certificate of the child (Act de naissance issued by local marie of the town)
4 recent colour photographs (identical ones) of the child
- Dully filled application form
Indian passports of both parents or at least one parent in case the other is a foreigner (original + copy)
Parents' stay permit (carte de séjour or carte de résident) in original or attested copies if you apply by post through recorded delivery with acknowledgement
Attested copies of the valid passports of the parents.
Declaration (form can be obtained from designated counter of Consular Wing or can be reproduced as per the model given if the application is by post) by both parents not adopting any other nationality in respect of the baby.
In case of either parent being a French national, this declaration should to be attested by the concerned Mairie
80 € in cash / 86 € by certified cheque (CHEQUE D'BANQUE CERTIFIE) if you apply by post through recorded delivery with acknowledgment. The cheque should be drawn in favor of Embassy of India, Paris.
- Size: Indian passport size (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm)
- Free tool to create Indian passport size photographs from existing images is available here epassportphoto.com
"Annexure 'H' duly signed by both father and mother of the child giving consent for issue of passport to the child. This is a declaration by parents which says that they are not adopting any other nationality for the baby.
It is required that name of the spouse be endorsed on the parents passport. In case the name of spouse is not included in the passports of parents, th
en following documents along with above documents
need to be furnished.
Original passport of parents
Photocopy of passports of parents
25 euro banker's cheque per passport.
Residence proof such as electricity bill or telephone bill, etc
If you are applying using postal service, application along with all requisite documents should be sent in CHRONOPOST ENVELOPE along with one self addressed, pre-paid chronopost envelope.
Renewal of passport for a minor
Following documents are required for renewal of passport of a minor:
- 4 recent colour photographs (identical ones) of the child
- Indian passports of both parents or at least one parent in case the other is a foreigner (original + copy)
- Minor child and parents’ stay permit (carte de séjour or carte de résident) in original or attested copies if you apply by post through recorded delivery with acknowledgement
- Attested copies of the valid copies of the parents
- Declaration in "Annexure 'H', giving consent of parents for renewal of passport of minor child.
Issue of duplicate passport (upon loss or damage of existing passport)
Following documents are required
- 8 recent photographs (identical ones)
- Police declaration in original (which will be retained by the Embassy)
- Photocopy of main pages of the lost passport including French visa.
- Photocopy of carte de séjour / resident permit
- Letter of explanation (circumstance under which loss of passport occurred)
- 180 € in cash or 186 € by certified cheque if you apply by post recorded delivery with acknowledgement.
Issue of birth Certificate
Required documents are:
- 2 recent photographs (identical ones)
- Passport (original + copy)
- Stay permit (carte de séjour or carte de résident) - (original + copy)
- 25 € in cash or 31 € by certified cheque if you apply by post through recorded delivery with acknowledgement
- Application form can be downloaded from http://passport.gov.in/cpv/
- The birth certificate is issued on the same day of the application between 1600hrs to 1700 hrs if dully filled application form along with requisite docuements are furnished by individuals by their physical presence at issuing counter of the Embassy of India.
- For applications submitted via post birth certificate is issued within 7 working days.
Social Security Agreement between India and France
An agreement was signed in 2008 and can be accessed on the Website http://basedoc.diplomatie.gouv.fr/Traites/Accords_Traites.php or via this link
Numéro de l'accord: 20080165
Titre de l'accord: Accord de sécurité sociale entre le gouvernement de la République française et le gouvernement de la république de l'Inde