By: India Contract | Published on: 25-09-2010
Tamil Nadu Lease Deed
This DEED OF LEASE executed at ______________on __________, 2010/2011, Between Thiru. Sri./Smt _________________ S/o ____________________ residing at ____________________ (herein after called the "Lessor") of the one part and; Thiru.Sri./Smt. _________________ S/o ____________________ residing at ____________________ (hereinafter called the “Lessee"), of the other part.
Whereby it is agreed between the LESSOR and the LESSEE as follows:
1. That the Lessor hereby demises to the Lessee the property more fully described in the schedule hereto to hold the same to the Lessee from_______________ day of for the term of years paying therefor during the said term the monthly rent of Rs.______ (Rupees ________________________only) payable on the fIrst day of the month succeeding that for which the rent is due;
2. That the Lessor hereby agrees that he will during the said term (tenancy) pay all rates; taxes and other charges becomes payable in respect of the demised property;
3. That the Lessor hereby agrees as follows:
i)That the Lessor shall keep the premises in good and substantial repairs during the said term and shall annually white-wash and do all necessary repairs to the out-houses and demised premises and on the Lessee giving the Lessor notice in writing of any special decays, defects and want of separation the Lessor will within one calendar month from the receipt of such notice repair and amend the same;
(ii)That the Lessor shall repair when necessary, the well, the passages, pathways and the road connecting the provincial road with the bungalow hereby demised and shall get the well cleaned at least once a year.
4. Provided always and it is hereby agreed as follows:
(i)That whenever any part of the rent hereby reserved shall be in arrears for______ months after due date or there shall be a breach of any of the covenants by the Lessee herein contained, the Lessor may re-enter on the demised premises and determine this lease.
(ii)The tenancy hereby created shall be determinable at the option of the Lessor/Lessee (or either party) by giving to Lessee/Lessor (or, the other party) calendar month's notice in writing.
5. It is hereby agreed between the parties that in respect of the demised premises the parties hereto shall respectively have all the rights and be subject to all the liabilities of a lessor and of a lessee as set forth in Section 108 of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882, except Clause (m) thereof which is hereby excluded.
6. It is hereby agreed between the parties as follows:
(i)That any demand for payment or notice requiring to be made upon or given to the Lessee shall be sufficiently made or given if sent by the Lessor or his agent through the post by registered letter addressed to the Lessee at the demised premises (or, at ), and that notice requiring to be given to the Lessor shall be sufficiently given if sent by the Lessee through the post by registered letter addressed to the Lessor at his usual or last known place of residence or business (or; at_______) and that any demand or notice sent by post in either case shall be assumed to have been delivered in the usual course of post.
(ii)That wherever such in interpretation would be necessary in order to give the fullest scope and effect legally possible to any covenant or contract herein contained the expression "the Lessor" herein before used shall include the owner for the time being of the Lessor's interest in the demised premises and the expression "the Lessee" herein before used shall include his heirs, executors, administrators and permitted assigns.
SCHEDULE OF PROPERTY
In witness whereof the parties have put their signatures hereunder on the day and the year first above -written in the presence of witnesses: