Inês Domingues graduated in Applied Mathematics in the School of Sciences at the University of Porto in 2004, completed the Master in Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering at Aveiro University in 2008 and finished the PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering in the School of Engineering at the University of Porto in 2015 (Cum Laude). She is currently a post doctoral researcher in the ESTIMA project (IPO Porto) and an Invited Assistant Professor at DEIS-ISEC.
Other Websites: LinkedIn profile, Google Scholar Citations; Research Gate profile; Scopus profile; ResearcherId; ORCID 0000-0002-2334-7280; Publons. Identificador na plataforma CIÊNCIA ID 971F-F25B-1E79
- I am on the Technical Program Committee of XV Workshop em Visao Computacional (WVC2019). Check more at: https://fei.edu.br/wvc2019/
- I am on the Program Committee of ICEA19 (3rd International Conference in Engineering Applications). Check more at: http://iknowd.org/event/international-conference-in-engineering-applications
- I am on the organization of a thematic session on the "Intersection between Image Processing and Machine Learning in Biomedical Applications " at VipImage 2019. Check more at: https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~vipimage/nav/conference/sessions.html
- I am on the Committee of the European Conference on the Impact of AI and Robotics (ECIAIR). Check more at: https://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/eciair/eciair-committee/
- I am on the Scientific Committee of VipImage 2019. Check more at: www.fe.up.pt/vipimage
- I am on the organization of the summer school VISUM - VISion Understanding and Machine intelligence. Check more at: http://visum.inesctec.pt/
- I am on the Program Committee of CISTI'2019 - 14th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies. Check more at: http://www.cisti.eu/
- Special Issue Call for Papers - Information Fusion for Medical Data: early, late and deep fusion methods for multimodal data (more details here)
- I am on the Program Committee of WorldCIST’19 - 6th World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies. Check more at: http://worldcist.org/index.php/committees
- [2019, Mar] António Faneca finished his BSc entitled "Enso Life - Gestão de Presenças" at Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Coimbra (ISEC)
- [2019, Mar] Maurizio Crocci finished his BSc entitled "KFileTrack - GPS indoor" at Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Coimbra (ISEC)
- [2019, Mar] Dora Gonçalves finished her BSc entitled "Otimização dos modelos de dados de suporte aos Dashboards Operacionais da Infraestrutura Inovgrid" at Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Coimbra (ISEC)
- [2018, Nov] Francisco Marques had his paper "An Iterative Oversampling Approach for Ordinal Classification " accepted at the ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC)
- [2018, Jul] Gisèle Pereira had her paper "Registration of CT with PET: a comparison of intensity-based approaches" accepted at the International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis (IWCIA)
- [2018, Jul] Gisèle Pereira finished her MSc entitled "Deep Learning techniques for the evaluation of response to treatment in Hodgkin Lymphoma" at Coimbra University
- [2018, May] We have our paper "BI-RADS classification of breast cancer: a new pre-processing pipeline for deep models training" accepted at IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP)
- [2018, Mar] We have our paper "Evaluation of oversampling data balancing techniques in the context of ordinal classification" accepted at International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN)
- [2018, Jan] José P. Amorim had his paper "Interpreting Deep Learning Models for Ordinal Problems" accepted at European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks, Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning (ESANN)
Some of the most relevant publications include:
- I. Domingues, P. H. Abreu,and J. Santos, J. “BI-RADS classification of breast cancer: a new pre-processing pipeline for deep models training”. In IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2018.
- I. Domingues, J. P. Amorim, P. H. Abreu, H. Duarte, and J. Santos, “Evaluation of oversampling data balancing techniques in the context of ordinal classification,” in International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2018, pp. 5691–5698.
- I. Domingues and J. S. Cardoso, “Max Ordinal Learning”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 25, no. 7, 2014.
- E. Kozegar, M. Soryani, B. Minaei, and I. Domingues, “Assessment of a novel mass detection algorithm in mammograms,” J. Cancer Res. Ther., vol. 9, no. 4, p. 592, 2013.
- I. C. Moreira, I. Amaral, I. Domingues, A. Cardoso, M. J. Cardoso, and J. S. Cardoso, “INbreast: Toward a Full-field Digital Mammographic Database,” Acad. Radiol., vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 236–248, 2012.
- J. S. Cardoso, R. Sousa, and I. Domingues, “Ordinal Data Classification Using Kernel Discriminant Analysis: A Comparison of Three Approaches,” 11th Int. Conf. Mach. Learn. Appl., pp. 473–477, 2012.
- I. Domingues et al., “Pectoral muscle detection in mammograms based on the shortest path with endpoints learnt by SVMs,” in Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology, pp. 3158–3161, 2010.
- P. Martins, I. Carbone, A. Pinto, A. Silva, and A. Teixeira, “European Portuguese MRI based speech production studies,” Speech Commun., vol. 50, no. 11–12, pp. 925–952, 2008.