Present: Demian Katz, Karen Coombs, Randy Cook, John Bodfish
Should we move our Google Group stuff elsewhere given the Google is shutting down lab?
Update the Definition section in Services - Overview and Detail Notes - Karen
Put a link to the NCIP Data Dictionary PDF or appropriate page on Services - Overview and Detail Notes - Karen
Add Request Item XML Samples
We make up our minds about authentication and make sure that all the messages use the same method
- Need to explain authentication to connector developers
Indicate which services require authentication and link each of these services to an Authentication page - Karen
Services which require authentication and SSL
Authentication models supported
Connector trusts client to do the user authentication if only UserID is sent
- XC NCIP toolkit responder security is the purview of the institution
- For example: Firewall protect responder and only allow trusted servers to access the responder through the firewall.
Connector expects that client will pass user credentials and connector itself will handle these appropriately
- Authentication Input field is used
- Institutions should secure the connection between the client and NCIP responder - SSL ie. transactions over https
We will consider other models if participant institutions outline a use case for said model and are willing to help define it.
- CARLI Voyager ILS and XC NCIP Toolkit
- Anyone using this should have prior contact with the XC NCIP toolkit development group