- are interested in and specialize in group work;
- value the creation of community;
- value service to our members;
- value their clients, and the profession;
- facilitate the growth and development of individuals and groups.
The purpose of IASGW is:
- to establish standards for professional and ethical practice;
- to support research and the dissemination of knowledge;
- to provide professional leadership in the field of group work.
- to extend counseling through the use of group process;
- to provide a forum for examining innovative and for developing concepts in group work;
- to foster diversity and dignity in groups;
- to be models of effective group practice.