Wk 3: Choose group
Wk 8: Proposal
TBD: Final Paper
REQUIREMENT: write, along with three other classmates of your choice, a survey paper on the consequences of the Great Recession (GR hereafter). A survey paper is an overview of the context, debates and trends.
TOPICS: choose one of the following research topics:
· Jobs and Unemployment
1. Impact on General (Un)Employment
OBJECTIVE: address the following set of questions:
· What is the overall impact, if any, of the GR? Compare debates and trends before and after 2007.
SOURCES of information:
· Academic research: books, chapters, articles and working papers
1. Title pageFORMAT:
· 30-50 pages (double spaced, font size 12, font style Times New Roman).ELEMENTS OF EVALUATION:
Does the final paper:
1. Respect the basic formatting rules of organization and presentation.
An EXCELLENT final paper (17-20) does well on all five points.
A GOOD final paper (13-16) does well on points 1-3 and less well on points 4-5.
A MEDIOCRE final paper (10-12) does well on points 1-2, less well on points 3-4, and poorly on point 5.
· Your partners, first, and only then the course Hotline: email@example.com.
· Feedback: I will provide detailed comments following your group's in-class presentation and the submission of your Proposal (Week 8). The feedback should give you ideas on how to improve the organization and the analytical and empirical content of the paper.