These are extra homework from your child
All home works are assigned in the classroom by the teachers. Please check with your child teacher. In this section we will only post additional home work of general interest.
Quiz of the week:
1. Quiz 1 - Click on this link and see how much you know - L1
2. Quiz 2 - Click on this link and see how much you know - L2/3
3. Quiz 3 - Click on this link and see how much you know - L4
1. what is the Ayah that has the entire Arabic alphabet in it?
2. It was narrated that the Prophet peace be upon him said: "Hud and its' sisters have made me old" what are the sisters of Surah Hud?
3. What are the two Surahs that one ends with a word that the other begins with?
4. Complete the following Hadiths:
-The prophet peace be upon him said: "Whoever doesn't leave false speech..."
-The prophet peace be upon him said: "Whoever recites a letter from the book of Allah..."
5. Who are the Messengers of firm will (Oule Al-Azm), and what is the message of all the Prophets and Messengers?
6. Mention a miracle for the following: Nouh, Saleh, and Musa peace be upon them all.
7. Mention 3 victories that were granted to the Prophet and his companions during the month of Ramadan, Mention the Hijri years.
8. What is the obligatory silent prayer that is between two obligatory out-loud prayers?
9. Who is nicknamed "the mother of her father"?
10. What is the best of days, and what is the best of nights?
11. Who said the following:
-"Fasting is not from foods and drinks, but from lying, falsehood, idle talk, and swearing."
-"And better than you, the eye has never seen****And more beautiful than you, the women has never gave birth to."
12. Muhammad Alkhawarizmi is considered one of the pioneer scholars ________, while Muhammad Arrazi is considered one of the pioneer scholars of ________.
If you don't know the answers to them all, you should do yourself a favor and study them for the sake of Allah.
This is additionally to your class Quran assignments and for earning extra credit and recognition. If done properly the student will be recognized during "Dhur" Prayer or during special events. Follow this weekly schedule:
1. Memorize the first 5 Ayahs from Surat "Al-'Ala"
2. Memorize the second 5 Ayahs from Surat "Al-'Ala"
3. Memorize the third 5 Ayahs from Surat "Al-'Ala"
4. Memorize the last 4 Ayahs from Surat "Al-'Ala"
Let your teacher or the school administrator know so you can be tested and your effort recognized.
Please observe our school rules and always be safe.
2010/2011 : Last weekend (April 3rd, 2011) two kids got lightly injured because they played in the Masjid parking lot. Please observe our school rules and always be safe.
Because of the ongoing construction we ask that all kids and parents exercise care when particularly outside. The construction, when completed, will deliver to our Weekend School additional and very needed space that will make the school more pleasant.
Please contribute to this effort if you can. Ask the Weekend School administration, the ICT office, or Br. Abu Oussama on how to contribute and help.
Update: It was announced (Friday Feb. 4th, 2011) that the Masjid/Weekend School extension will be completed in about 30 more days.
1-3 of 3