9 to 14 January 2012
The training programme is being organized against this backdrop.
The training programme is being organized to:
- Provide participants with the opportunity to apprise themselves about regional and international developments of relevance to small-scale fisheries and fishing communities.
- Draw on the knowledge and experience of participants regarding these developments, for wider discussion and sharing.
The training programme will focus on international and regional developments of relevance to small-scale fisheries. Tentative themes may be as follows:
- Coastal area development
- Fisheries development and management
- Biodiversity conservation
- Trade in fish and fishery products
- Aquaculture development and management
- Human rights (employment, income, poverty alleviation; labour conditions; gender, etc)
- Natural disasters and climate change