Monday, October 24, 2011
3:00 - 4:15 PM, 239A
Present: Helen Krause, Mark BuBois, Nick Graff, Brandy Thatcher, Amy Glass, Donna Huisenga, Michelle Nielsen Ott, Paula Ahles, John Tuccillo, Julie Packman, Joe Chianakas, Eileen, Setti, Kristin Jacobson, Pat Parsons, Janice Kinsinger
1. Meeting Notes from September, 2011 were accepted.
2. Participation of Committee Members was discussed and Donna Huisenga will send a letter to faculty to encourage participation.
3. Suggestions for Staff Development from Sept. Meeting were discussed further.
Diamond Dialogues for Staff - A subcommittee of Karen Giesler, Julie Packman, John Tucillo, Wendee Guth and Janice Kinsinger will meet to plan the process. Kari Schimmel and Sarah Parlier will be invited to attend as they are facilitating the Teaching Squares currently.
Mentoring for New Staff was encouraged at the department level as we do for faculty, in an informal assignment. No further action was taken.
4. Review Fall Term
New Personnel Orientation is offered monthly through HR on the 4th Monday morning from 8 AM - 1:30 PM with lunch provided. Faculty are encouraged to attend. There are 3 online modules that all new employees are required to complete: Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Ethics and Diversity.
GTS Update - The GTS Booklet is currently being compiled by Brandy. Refer to survey results posted to the left in this website; all went well with positive outcomes. Plan to offer again 3 years from now in the fall with a Technology Retreat at North inbetween.
Teaching Squares Pilot is going well thus far.
Weekly E-mail - Any questions or comments?
Service Excellence Project is planned for Nov. 7 or 8, 2011. Note it was offered on November 8 only.
Upcoming Blackboard trainings were announced by Patrice Hess; a Blackboard Bulletin will include all trainings and new features: Early Warning in Blackboard, Rubrics and Adaptive Release, etc.
Virtual Campus Update - Patrice referred all to the Virtual Campus website for a full report and encouraged continual review for all the updates: https://sites.google.com/site/icconlinelearning/00-00-meeting
5. Managers Training Update was provided by Janice. A blend of PDI sessions and ICC Manager Modules will be compiled; further information will be forthcoming.
6. Janice encouraged all to review Program Plans for Progress found on the left sidebar.
7. Pan for January Celebration of Learning - Wed. Jan. 11, 2012
Faculty Conversations on General Education Goal Operational Definitions
Service Learning Faculty Panel - Kelly Crawford-Jones, Anita Tuccilo plus
If Not Lecture, What Should I Do? - Elizabeth Carrico
Critical Thinking Guest Presenter, Richard Paul or ? http://www.criticalthinking.org/ was discussed.
Impact of the 81 Reading Score
Writing Assignments for Non-English Classes
Janice will work by e-mail for the continued planning.
8. PeopleSoft Upgrade will be completed in March; watch for more details.