My research (and hence interests) include:
- User-centric Model Driven Engineering (MDE), specially By-Example approaches
- Embedded Systems, and Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Data mapping, integration and wrangling
- Recommender systems specially for data mapping and integration
Grants & funding
- 2018 - Chief Investigator, together with Kathryn Backholer, Adrian Cameron, Jason Wu, Anna Peeters,Oliver Huse, Rebecca Bennett, Heart Foundation, Vanguard Grant (74,252AUD), for "Development of a national food and beverage price monitoring system (Price Tracker) "
- 2017 - Mix of industry and school funding (13,536AUD), for "Winter School of Software Engineering".
- 2014 - 2016 - Chief Investigator - Early Interrupted Career Research Scheme (12,319 AUD), for "An approach and framework for developing large-scale interactive visualisation"
- 2013 - 2014 - Associate Investigator - National ICT Australia (54,150 AUD), for "Household Travel Survey Data Integration and Harmonisation"
For a list of my publications, please see this page.
- Jian Liu (PhD - Associate) - Model driven engineering for enterprise system emulation, Swinburne University of Technology
- Shirish Sharma (PhD - Associate) - Smart Cities: Historic urban landscape, Federation University Australia and Data61
- Mahdi Babaei (PhD - Associate) - Virtual reality for chest drain operation training, Deakin University
- Humphrey Obie (PhD - Associate) - Data-driven visualizations that make sense, Swinburne University of Technology
- Nisha Subhanje - Data integration documentation
- Michael Hao - Distributed Extract Transform and Loading
- Gurjeet Bhatia - Intelligent data integration assistant
Capstone/Final year Projects
- Intelligent Driver Asisstant and Pro-active Navigation System - With North Dakota State University (NDSU), USA.
- ControTech - Project Management Portal - With Monash University
- ControTech - Project Management Portal - With North Dakota State University (NDSU), USA.
- Vistech Consulting - BCP management - Deakin University
- Global Obesity Portal - Deakin University
- Itinerary Visualization on Australia’s National map - With North Dakota State University (NDSU), USA.
- Interactive data integration - Deakin University.
- Food and Beverage monitoring system – Deakin University
- PAVVET - Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute, USA
- Data analysis and Visualisation using Australia's National Map - With North Dakota State University (NDSU), USA.
- Atlas Automation Wind Software
- Light of Hope website
- Online Thai Language Course
- Travel Blog
- Upshay Dumur – IBL – ControTech Project Management Portal (industry project)
2015 - 2016
- Dylan Lewis - Interactive visualisation development framework (a Swinburne project)
- Fabian Azagra - Immersive 3D medical visualization and interaction (a Data61 project)
- Ramuna Sadauskas - Data harmonisation - Document available here (a NICTA project)
Service to scientific community
- Local Arrangements Chair, IEEE/ACM conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE2020), September 2020, Melbourne, Australia.
- Program Committee, IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC19), October 2019, Memphis, Tennessee, USA.
- Program Committee, IEEE International Conference on Humanized Computing and Communication (HCC2019), September 2019, California, USA.
- Program Committee, IEEE International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud 2019), August 2019, Istanbul, Turkey.
- HDR/ECR co-Chair, 25th Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC 2018), Adelaide, Australia.
- Program Committee, IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC18), October 2018, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Program Committee, IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC17), October 2017, North Carolina, USA.
- Technical Program Committee, IEEE ICC SAC Symposium - Big Data Networking Track, May 2017, Paris, France.
- Program Committee, Workshop on Domain-Specific Language Design and Implementation (DSLDI16), October 2016,Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Program Committee, 17th Australasian User Interface Conference (AUIC16), February 2-5, 2016, Canberra, Australia.
- Showpieces chair, IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC15), October 18–22, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
I review for IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE) and Journal of Visual Languages and computing (JVLC).