yields 8 biscuits
gluten free, egg free, dairy free
1 c. almond flour (.3 3/8 oz)
1/2 c. brown rice flour (.3 oz)
1/4 c. potato starch (.1 1/2 oz)
1/4 c. tapioca starch (.1 1/8 oz)
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
2/3 c. soy milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce (measured in a solid measuring cup)
1/4 c. canola oil
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Whisk all of the dry ingredients from almond flour through sea salt in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add lemon juice to milk. Keep chilled until ready to use.
4. Whisk applesauce into the oil.
5. Add the applesauce/oil mixture to the dry mixture. Stir well. Then add the milk/lemon juice mixture and mix.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, place the biscuit dough on the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.