Impromptu Writing Scoring Session Agenda 3-3-15
National Writing Project's Investing in Innovation: College Ready Writers Program (CRWP)
Twelve National Writing Project sites from ten states — including Prairie Lands Writing Project (PLWP) at Missouri Western State University — are receiving federal grant funds to provide professional development in one, two, or three matched-pair school districts (pairs have similar demographics).
· 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 PLWP works with Braymer Breckenridge, and Hamilton School Districts, providing 90 hours or more of school-based professional development (45+ hours per school year) in which 80-100% of 7-10 grade ELA teachers will participate, and other district teachers, especially content area teachers, grades 7-12, are encouraged to participate.
· 2015-2016 Prairie Lands Writing Project works with Osborn, Trenton, and Winston School Districts.
College-Ready Writers Project Goals
1. Improve middle and high school teachers’ practice in the teaching of academic writing.
2. Improve middle and high school student academic achievement.
3. Increase the number of rural teacher-leaders in participating schools and districts.
4. Provide high-quality, intensive and sustained professional development to participating districts.
5. Add to the evidence base regarding impact of Writing Project professional development.
6. Document and share models of intensive, Common Core-focused professional development.
PHOTOS of College Ready Writing Program Sessions Here.
Teaching Unit Workshop Handouts and Teachers' Units Here.
January 10 Scoring Session Agenda and Handouts Here.
Spring 2014 Argument Course Materials Here.